Surreal TV show or film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surreal TV show or film?

This is my first post but the question has actually been posed by an American guy on another forum I usually frequent. I'll be posting my own queries soon...

His post is as follows:

The recent thread that included Zardoz reminded me of something I saw when I was very young. It was on TV; could have been a movie or a TV show. I think everybody on it had British accents. It was very much a 60's or 70's surreal thing, with scenes that made no real sense. Even when I first saw it I didn't know what it was, but I've wondered about it ever since. I would have seen it probably some time in the 70's.

I only remember a couple scenes from the show:
    * A guy (perhaps a black man?) riding a stationary exercise cycle. At one point he looks up fearfully; then rides even faster, as if he's trying to speed away from something the scares him. Then there's a cut to a forest or jungle being ripped apart by a steam crane.
    * A group of men formally dressed (maybe in top hats) wandering around a barren place, like a gravel pit or a desert. I think they either got out of a car in this place, or else investigated a car that was there.

Can anybody remember the movie or show that included these scenes?
    All suggestions gratefully received.

Re: Surreal TV show or film?

Hi,

Don't know about the first scene but the second sounds very much like a scene from The Bed Sitting Room a very surreal film from 1969. I seem to recall something similar with the 2 formally dressed men being Dudley Moore & Peter Cook who play Policemen

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064074/

Also recently released by the BFI on DVD & Blu-Ray

Comment

Working...
    X