Laurel & Hardy At Xmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laurel & Hardy At Xmas

Laurel & Hardy. Always reminds me of Christmas somehow. Well, at least this short film of 1930 Below Zero does.

It's set during what looks to be a particularly bad winter for the comedy duo in which we find them as street buskers, down on their luck as always, trying to scrape a buck or two together. Stan plays a small keyboard (harpsichord?) and Oli plays the double bass.

It's my favourite short from them and I usually play it around Xmas time, mainly due to the winter setting and also because it also reminds me of the school holidays which usually began around the 20th or so. The surrealistic ending is hilarious.
    I can't remember the last time Laurel & Hardy was shown on BBC Two - got to be over a decade now and I think they were usually show as a double bill.
    Below Zero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Re: Laurel & Hardy At Xmas

Huge Laurel and Hardy fan here, love them!!!
    Know this episode well - particularly love the way Ollie stamps his foot twice by way of intro before they launch into their repertoire!!!!!
    Sublime comedy, no-one to touch 'em.

Comment

They used to stick two of 'em back to back lunchtimes over Xmas on Beeb2, didn't they? Love these guys. Favourites include Brats, County Hospital and Laughing Gravy.
      "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

Love this scene
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L95AJ...678425&index=0

Comment

Love this one...
          YouTube - laurel and hardy
          "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Working...