What was this film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was this film?

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the name or names of this (these?) horror film(s)?

It is, or they are anyway, an example of those horror films which were popular in the 70s and 80s.... a collection of short stories. I know there is a name for this particular kind of film but its early morning and my brain isn't functioning fully. lol
    ]
    I remember that it had the following stories:

A boy who had an imaginary friend, which was a tiger, which, I seem to remember, ended up killing his family.

Some guy who fell in love with a tree which, I think, killed his wife in the end..the tree, not the guy! lol

Some woman invited a south american indian (I think) to live with her (?) and she hosted a party were they all ended up unwittingly eating her husband. One particular thing I remember about this story was it was something to do with the tribal guy's religion and, I think, a god called "Marmalu", which he says at the end before taking a bite out of the food. Odd the bits which stick in our mind, eh?

A victorian bloke who rides around a park on a penny farthing and has a burnt face.

This, I think, is one film though it may be my mind shoving them all together.

Any suggestions?

Re: What was this film?

This is "Tales That Witness Madness", an anthology film cashing in on the popularity of the famous Amicus anthologies ("Vault of Horrors", "Tales From the Crypt", etc).

The tree story starred Joan Collins as the wife, but the tree gave a less wooden performance.

And in the story with the party, it was the woman's daughter who ended up on the menu. Not surprising since the daughter was played by Mary Tamm, the first Romana in "Doctor Who", and she always was a bit of a dish (Good grief, with jokes like that, it's clearly past bedtime).

Comment

Originally posted by The Lurker In The Shadows View Post
      The tree story starred Joan Collins as the wife, but the tree gave a less wooden performance.

And in the story with the party, it was the woman's daughter who ended up on the menu. Not surprising since the daughter was played by Mary Tamm, the first Romana in "Doctor Who", and she always was a bit of a dish (Good grief, with jokes like that, it's clearly past bedtime).

I watched the tree story on yt recently AFB YouTube - Tales That Witness Madness (1973)
      The rest are probably up there too.

Comment

Cheers Lurker! That has been bugging me for absolutely years!

And thanks for the link, Claudine! Brilliant! I cant seem to find any of the other stories on youtube... I'm going to have to track down a copy as it is definitely one of my favourite films...second only to "The Monster Club". Anyone remember that one?

Comment

Working...
        X