Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late '70s British Teen Historical Drama??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late '70s British Teen Historical Drama??

Does anyone remember such a tv show? It aired on Canada's CBC around 1978 or 1979.

The opening music for the show was Prokofiev's Classical Symphony, around the 2:30 minute mark on this recording: YouTube - Prokofiev - Classical Symphony - First Movement

It involved 2 teenaged boys, and was set in some sort of historic hall made of stone; I think one was rich and one was a servant (could be wrong). I remember stone floors in the kitchen and snow in a seasonal episode. I am not sure if it was a series or just a one-off drama. As for the year of the historical setting, I keep thinking 1600s, but I could be very wrong (the music would be wrong, but I don't think that worried them much in the 1970s!).

Does it ring any bells for anyone??

It has been stuck in my head for decades, and I have tried for many years to figure it out, so will be very grateful for any help!

Re: Late '70s British Teen Historical Drama??

Hiya

It doesn't quite match your description but how about trying Children of the New Forest? - thats in the period and was made in 70's

Comment

Re: Late '70s British Teen Historical Drama??

I came across a series called "The Flaxton Boys", while searching for another 70's children's program. You can view the opening sequence (on the net) with the classical music theme. It features 2 boys running around the grounds of a Manor House, and I think the composer of the theme music was Prokofiev. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X