X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• staffslad
    replied
    Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Arran, Mika sounds vaguely familiar from the plot, but the title itself rang only the faintest of bells.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Help !!!

I keep getting flashbacks of a TV series about 10 years ago - where a guy either builds or rebuilds a helicopter from scratch .... In his garage !! The guy had been on a few series before that , usually helping people out that had been conned or cheated by a company or similar ...

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

I CANT FIND IT ON YT.GRRR
    BUT IM CERTAIN I DO REMEMBER IT REMEMBER SEEING IT.

IT SOUNDS VERY familiar.

Leave a comment:

• Arran
    replied

Has anybody encountered a kids drama called Mika about a lad from Finland who walks across Europe with his reindeer? It was broadcast at some point in the mid 1980s, so it's before my time, but I've seen a few episodes on video. It was either on ITV or Channel 4 because it doesn't show up on BBC Genome.

I'm led to believe it was quite popular in northern Europe but it wasn't to the taste of most British kids at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by Littlelen View Post
    I loved that show. Most of my imagination games I made up were kind of based on this. Still are.... Wasn't the prince always being hunted down by some men in a black van that looked a bit like the A team van?
    Yes that's right, it was a man & a women.

Leave a comment:

• Littlelen
    replied

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    That sounds Like Benji, Zax & The Alien Prince.
    I loved that show. Most of my imagination games I made up were kind of based on this. Still are.... Wasn't the prince always being hunted down by some men in a black van that looked a bit like the A team van?

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

HERES AQUILLA MATE.
    2/12/97.

https://youtu.be/GPPDyHer38c

CANT SAY ID HEARD OF IT.

THAT DR DOOLITTLE ONE WAS VERY GOOD.

-----------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Arran View Post
    Aquila and Out of Sight were two children's dramas from the late 1990s that are now obscure and largely forgotten. I vaguely remember that one was CBBC and the other CITV.

I have some episodes of the cartoon series The Voyages of Dr Dolittle on videotape that were broadcast by CBBC some time in the 1980s. Hardly anybody seems to remember it compared with other 'classic' CBBC cartoons of the 1980s.

Leave a comment:

• Arran
    replied

It was produced by the same company that produced The Pink Panther cartoons.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

I remember that version of Dr Dolittle, it looked like it was animated in Japan, but almost everyone had an American accent.

Leave a comment:

• Arran
    replied

Aquila and Out of Sight were two children's dramas from the late 1990s that are now obscure and largely forgotten. I vaguely remember that one was CBBC and the other CITV.

I have some episodes of the cartoon series The Voyages of Dr Dolittle on videotape that were broadcast by CBBC some time in the 1980s. Hardly anybody seems to remember it compared with other 'classic' CBBC cartoons of the 1980s.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
    star fleet was my fav I not seen this at all I have it on dvd might have dig it out great stuff
    I'll have to get it on DVD one day, The Battle Of The Planets is another I'd like to but it's a lot of money as there were 80 odd episodes.

Leave a comment:

• xmark1234
    replied

star fleet was my fav I not seen this at all I have it on dvd might have dig it out great stuff

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    I remember Star Fleet well, especially as it was a continuing story rather then stand alone episodes.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by agfagaevart View Post
    A few more I've just remembered:
    Star Fleet: Jap puppet series about a crime fighting team similar to Thunderbirds. Except some of them got killed-off!
    I remember Star Fleet well, especially as it was a continuing story rather then stand alone episodes.

Leave a comment:

• agfagaevart
    replied

A few more I've just remembered:
    Chopper Squad: Aussie series from the late '70s about a helicopter rescue team. A kind of Bodie & Doyle in the air.
    Star Fleet: Jap puppet series about a crime fighting team similar to Thunderbirds. Except some of them got killed-off!

Leave a comment:

• whitewall66
    replied

There was a kids book show starring Mel Smith called Smith and Goody from 1980. Was only on for one series.

The opening credits began with cartoon renditions of the presenters engaged in a friendly exchange:

Mel: Whatcha Bob
    Bob: Whatcha Mel
    Mel: Whatcha been up to?
    Bob: Can't you tell?
    Bob: I've been taking a look at a book
    Bob: I've been taking a squint at the print
    Bob: I've been worming my way through a paperback a day
    Bob: and I'll tell you all about it if you're in-ter-es-ted
    The chorus went something like:
    "Good books, bad books and never been had books
    "good books, bad books and sad books
    There's a book about a plane that disappeared without a trace,