• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gareth2274
    replied
    Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    That sounds Like Benji, Zax & The Alien Prince.
    Thankyou so much! Been trying to remember what it was called for years but nobody could remember.

Leave a comment:

• Trickyvee
    replied

I liked Fantastic Max. I was a little old for cartoons by then but it was great, with his little pals FX and AB.

Leave a comment:

• Austin Maxi
    replied

Originally posted by Alant View Post
    What about BBC childrens drama shows from the 70s: "KING CINDER" about a young speedway rider played by Peter Duncan and "BREAK IN THE SUN" a young girl (Nicola Cowper) who leaves London and goes on a barge to Dreamland Amusement Park at Margate.

Was there an ITV programme in the early 1970s called "PATHFINDERS" that was about a bomber squadron in World War 2 flying Lancasters?
    I mention 'Break In The Sun' on page 2 of this thread.

I used to love 'Seaview'. If I remember correctly, Maggie Ollerenshaw (Wavy Mavis off of 'Open All Hours') played Yvette Fielding's mother. Can't remember the name of the glasses-wearing dark-haired kid who played her brother.

Another early-80s one-off six-part drama I enjoyed was about a woman who prepared and raced a customised Austin Metro, and the whole series revolved around this and the dramas that her family went through. If memory serves, it was called 'Driving Ambition' or something along those lines.

Leave a comment:

• HG
    replied

Err yes Richard I know, I was saying I remembered it after n3llyo asked if anyone remembeed it

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
    Certainly do, she was the bossy sister to a younger brother.
    That was Seaview.

Leave a comment:

• HG
    replied

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
    anyone recall a show called seaview with yvette fielding before she was on blue peter about a family running a hotel in blackpool
    Certainly do, she was the bossy sister to a younger brother.

Leave a comment:

• n3llyo
    replied

anyone recall a show called seaview with yvette fielding before she was on blue peter about a family running a hotel in blackpool

Leave a comment:

• Alant
    replied

What about BBC childrens drama shows from the 70s: "KING CINDER" about a young speedway rider played by Peter Duncan and "BREAK IN THE SUN" a young girl (Nicola Cowper) who leaves London and goes on a barge to Dreamland Amusement Park at Margate.

Was there an ITV programme in the early 1970s called "PATHFINDERS" that was about a bomber squadron in World War 2 flying Lancasters?

Leave a comment:

• tyrellcorp68
    replied

Thanks sixtyten, with a little more research I got that far but still no further than that.

Leave a comment:

• Maidenscotland
    replied

Lol I don't know why I wrote BJ .. I was only playing an old album of his last week and that is what reminded me of Maggie..

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

I remember it. Enn Reitel wasn't it?

Leave a comment:

• tyrellcorp68
    replied

Am I the only person that remembers a programme that was on ITV on a friday or saturday night I think called Mog. The basic premise of the show was that the title character Mog was a burglar who breaks into a house not realising that it in fact a nursing home for patients with mental problems I seem to recall, but ends up staying as a patient or caretaker not sure which. He is befriended by the owners daughter. Can anyone direct me to where I can find any clips or dvds.

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

B.A Robertson

as a Scot, you should know that

http://www.barobertsongs.com/

Leave a comment:

• Maidenscotland
    replied

Maggie.. it was only on for 15 minutes a day (BBC2) and the title was sung and written by B.J. Robinson (what happened to him?)

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
    an american comedy programme from the `70s about a policeman who had a robot as his side kick seem to think it was called sherlock and holmes for some reason
    I've never seen it, but seen something called Holmes & Yoyo in 1 or 2 old TV books, which sounds right.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X