Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipkins - early episodes

Originally posted by spillage66 View Post
    I too, bought the full series on DVD a few years ago. Excellent watching. It was also the first kids' TV show which taught children about death! (True! Look it up!)
    I remember this, originally it was called 'Inigo Pipkins' but unfortunately the old guy who played the character died in real life, so they changed the programme name to 'Pipkins'. The first couple of episodes explained all about death and what had happened.

Comment

I bought the first DVD of 'Pipkins' with 10 episodes. I notice there's a second DVD but I haven't bought that yet. It's hilarious, Hartley is incredibly pompous for a mangy old hare puppet (there's a 'highly strung' joke in there somewhere, but I'll leave it!)

No-one's mentioned the very slow tortoise yet. He loved his drum! There was also a badger. The "It's time...." line was always delivered by whichever human character was living with the puppets at the time, upon which a load of clock images would appear on screen before the "for a story!" line.
      "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

i remember hartley hare (best said with an OTT brummie accent )
        was pipkins also the one that that had a big talking pink cushion that had a huge mouth ...............or was that some sort of weird fetish dream i once had

Comment

Wasn't the cushion from Hickory House?

Comment

Working...
          X