Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: farleys rusks

Default Re: farleys rusks

When I used to baby sit my cousins I used to sneak 1 or 2 of these in. So nice with some fruit juice.

I was too young to remember whether I had them as a baby, (says he who actually remembers having Delrosa rosehip syrup when he was very young). However, fast-forward 12 years or so ...

At school when we were in Year 9, I remember having this enterprise thing as part of our science lesson. We had someone from Boots come and talk about Farley's Rusks - the packaging of the food initially, although one would assume that the way some of the kids were behaving in the lesson, the rusks would have been perfect for the age that they were acting in the lesson! I remember some kids drawing on them with pencils, and throwing them around the room like Frisbees. One or two even tried some, (probably not for nostalgic reasons), and commented that they tasted like sawdust. The amount of crumbs on the floor meant that the whole science group had to stay behind at lunchtime to clean the floor up. I helped to clear up, but I did not make the mess in the first place.

I often thought of Farley's Rusks as being to Duplo, what McVities digestives were to Lego, or something like that. The smaller the person is, the bigger the item will be.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

What were the difference between Farley's Rusks and ordinary biscuits? - the difference between Lego and Duplo, perhaps?
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    What were the difference between Farley's Rusks and ordinary biscuits? - the difference between Lego and Duplo, perhaps?
    Kinda malty taste as i recall, not sure i had them as a baby but all my kids did. They would have them with warm milk and they were also good for teething
    My teeth itch and my hair is scratchy