Running Scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Scared

Can anybody remember this BBC children's drama from 1986? I can't actually remember what the story was about but it was one of the few children's dramas that had me hooked. The most memorable thing about it for me was the introduction to the actor Christopher Ellison and his ability to play a cracking bad guy. Later he turned into DCI Burnside in The Bill!
    1976 Vintage

Re: Running Scared

I remember it was about a girl who's Grandad's taxi was hijacked by a gang committing a robbery. The gang's boss left his glasses behind in the taxi ("mor bins?" mentioned a few times per episode) & this lead to a treasure hunt to find them that would put a Crystal Maze puzzle to shame, a music box being a vital clue.

One complication was the girl's cousin was in the gang, & her best friend's parents were being forced to pay protection money.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

OMG (how teenage girl of me!!)

I loved this show and every time I mention it, I get nothing but blank looks....
      So please someone else remembers this show, with the haunghting Kate Bush theam tune.

I've been looking for it everwhere but never had any luck, never appears on U Tube, Ebay or Ioffer.

Would love it see this show again

Comment

I can remember Running Up That Hill worked well as a theme for it.

It was based on a book by Bernard Ashley, so you could track down a copy of that.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember it more for it's theme tune, but now I've read the synopsis of it it's coming back, It was quite exciting for a children's show, ran for only 6 episodes in January/February 1986.

http://www.memorabletv.com/r/running-scared.html
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Re: Running Scared BBC TV (1986)

That was one of the best tv programmes from the 80's. Written by Bernard Ashley. He also wrote Break In The Sun (1981), Terry On The Fence (1985) and Dodgem (1991) which were all dramatised. I have all 6 episodes Of Running Scared on a DVD from old video tapes. Probably the only kids tv show ever to have a "Sikh Consultant" as it stated in the end credits.

Comment

m
              Originally posted by daddymac View Post
              OMG (how teenage girl of me!!)

I loved this show and every time I mention it, I get nothing but blank looks....
              So please someone else remembers this show, with the haunghting Kate Bush theam tune.

I've been looking for it everwhere but never had any luck, never appears on U Tube, Ebay or Ioffer.

Would love it see this show again
              must say i did not reember it until i seen this link for it on youtube.

here is a clip of it.
              http://youtu.be/0PeEGAPFX0k
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember this one too. Burnsides 'bins' had one arm broken and I'm sure the dead Grandad hid them inside the music box....The Sikh familys Dad was called Prathab...It was quite adult in places and I'm sure they dealt with racism in it....My Mum found it very funny, especially watching Prathab eating a piece of Chapatti with a dab of curry in one scene at dinner time, his wife says:

'BUT PRATHAAAAB...!'

'NO!' He says with a wave of his head and shoves the Chapathi in his gob in a rather fey manner....Mum found that dead funny. I remember that Kate Bush song being used for it too....

Comment

Working...
                X