Bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom

Bottom starred rik mayall and adrian edmondson both of them where in the young ones.

the first series was in 91.

the second in 92

and the 3rd in 95.

there where six episodes in each series.

a fourth series was at one point written [during the closing credits on bbc2 it was stated that it will be back for a fourth season, but the BBC declined the script, despite announcing that Bottom would return in a voice-over during the end-credits of the original broadcast of the final episode.

there where also 5 live shows which where more crude than the tv show which was very crude in its own right.

there was also a film based on bottom guest house paradiso.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: Bottom

I absolutely hated Bottom!
    It was just a bad version of the Dangerous Brothers!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorQui View Post
      I absolutely hated Bottom!
      It was just a bad version of the Dangerous Brothers!
      It seemed to give me a feeling of extreme anxiety - and Rik Mayall is just a one note wonder - same with Ade Edmondson...never really liked it much but used to watch it, my Sister certainly liked it...

Comment

That was the point wasn't it? Just to be as smutty as possible? I liked it at the time.

I think I just put 2 and 2 together and realised that either Spudgun or hedgehog played one of the guys in The Young Ones. I don't know the name of the actor but I think it's the same guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
          That was the point wasn't it? Just to be as smutty as possible? I liked it at the time.

I think I just put 2 and 2 together and realised that either Spudgun or hedgehog played one of the guys in The Young Ones. I don't know the name of the actor but I think it's the same guy.
          Christopher Ryan who played Mike in the Young Ones played Dave Hedgehog in Bottom.

Comment

It could be funny at times, some episode were better than others.

One of the best things about it was both Rick & Eddie were a lot stupider than they realised.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I must be different from the norm by the sounds of the replies so far. I absolutely loved Bottom (ooer missus)!! I have them all on DVD, all the live ones, Guest House Paradiso and I went to watch them when they toured the live ones. Mind you.... When they were in The Young Ones I was about 13 years old and it was ground breaking comedy then (in my opinion) and All we talked about at school the day after was "did you see The Young Ones lastninght?" I must be Bias

The only thing I never really liked much was Filthy Rich and Catflap.
              sigpic

Comment

Filthy Rich and Catflap was another comic stripesque bomb imo! However, I thought Happy Families was inspired!

Comment

bottom also had some very good guest stars as well.
                  helen lederer who plays Lady Natasha Letitia Sarah Jane Wellesley Obstromsky Ponsonsky Smythe Smythe Smythe Smythe Smythe Oblomov Boblomov Dob, third viscountess of moldavia.

and julia sawalha who plays veronica head the barmaid at the lamb and flag.
                  she only appears in the episode parade.

spudgun and dave hedgehog are a great pair its carnage when them two and rich and eddie get together.

what a superb show it is.

what was the live show like you went to.

is it more exrtreme than the tv show.

bet the audience was in stitches.

Originally posted by FX02 View Post
                  I must be different from the norm by the sounds of the replies so far. I absolutely loved Bottom (ooer missus)!! I have them all on DVD, all the live ones, Guest House Paradiso and I went to watch them when they toured the live ones. Mind you.... When they were in The Young Ones I was about 13 years old and it was ground breaking comedy then (in my opinion) and All we talked about at school the day after was "did you see The Young Ones lastninght?" I must be Bias

The only thing I never really liked much was Filthy Rich and Catflap.
                  Last edited by darren; 17-08-2012, 14:35.

Comment

My favourite Young Ones was the one with the eclair being placed precariously near an invaluable microscope slide and you wonder why....and then by episodes end you see why - it was funny.

Comment

That's Bambi, the episode where they go on University Challenge, probably the best episode.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Gotta love a show with a character named Eddie Elizabeth Hitler. I was just watching the episode where they're stuck on the ferris wheel.

Comment

love that episode mate.
                          one of faves is called out where they go camping.

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                          Gotta love a show with a character named Eddie Elizabeth Hitler. I was just watching the episode where they're stuck on the ferris wheel.

Comment

Ooooh,i thought this was going to be a thread for posting pics of our bottoms

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                              That's Bambi, the episode where they go on University Challenge, probably the best episode.
                              I've got a Porsche
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X