Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's - 80's suspense series, Victorian couple

Hello!!

i'm trying to remember the name or details of a program I remember watching as a kid. It was a 'tales of the unexpected' or hammer house of mystery type show.
    Particular episode I'm trying to remember was about a young couple (I think of them as Christopher casanove/ Liza Godard types, but probably isn't them)
    they move into a new house and the wife keeps having visions of a creepy Victorian couple. The visions get creepier and creepier and the final one is the husband killing the wife in the bath. They decide to sell the house and the first couple who come to view the house are the creepy Victorian couple!!!

Any help would be appreciated, as its doing my head in!!!!

russ

Re: 70's - 80's suspense series, Victorian couple

see if this helps mate.

this episode is season 1 ep 6 possession.

i did a check and indeed it does star christoper cazenove.
    its the only episode of this entire series he is in.

A couple on vacation in the English resort of Brighton see what appear to be spirits.
    Two years later, the spirits return to their house to haunt them.

if its not this ill check again ive a few ideas.
    Last edited by darren; 23-01-2013, 01:29.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Thanks Darren, don't think that's it though, I remember them actually moving into a new house, and the final bit with the twist ending, there was boxes and stuff around as though they moving out,

thanks though!!!

Comment

it could be the hammer house of horror story children of the full moon from 1980.
        here it is.
        http://youtu.be/ThWghUTm6TI

A married couple, lost in the woods, stumble across a creepy mansion and its inhabitants - an overly-kind old women and deadly wolf children that scour the country-side looking for victims.

Originally posted by russcw71 View Post
        Thanks Darren, don't think that's it though, I remember them actually moving into a new house, and the final bit with the twist ending, there was boxes and stuff around as though they moving out,

thanks though!!!

Comment

Thanks again Darren, still don't think that's the one!

Comment

The Stone Tape?
            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069316/plotsummary
            Heather

Comment

Darren, I think I owe you a huge apology (and a pint if our paths should ever cross!) but I think you got it with your first suggestion 'in possession' after all!! Came across something on the web with more details and a better character list and I think that's the one!

Struggling to find it on YouTube or another streaming site to be sure though, I may have to buy the box set now!!!!

thanks again Darren, your a superstar!

Comment

ill hold u too that heh.

yeah id a feeling i had it first time.

i do love my brit horror etc.

id a feeling when you did a bit of checking you would realise i was correct.
                well mate glad to have been of service.

actually most hammer house of mystery stories are not on youtube but the hammer house of horror ones all are.

Originally posted by russcw71 View Post
                Darren, I think I owe you a huge apology (and a pint if our paths should ever cross!) but I think you got it with your first suggestion 'in possession' after all!! Came across something on the web with more details and a better character list and I think that's the one!

Struggling to find it on YouTube or another streaming site to be sure though, I may have to buy the box set now!!!!

thanks again Darren, your a superstar!

Comment

Working...
                X