Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Programmes from the past

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    5,291

    Default Re: Programmes from the past

    According to the TV Cream feature on films based on sitcoms Man About The House is one of the better films, while George & Mildred is one of the worse.

    This is now offline but I have a text copy on my hard drive.
    The Trickster On The Roof

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    co armagh n/ireland
    Posts
    14,827

    Default Re: Programmes from the past

    so you mean you now like going for gold.
    presented by henry kelly.

    it was a funny show though.
    but i got into it watched it regular.

    yeah i agree with T P I R.what you say mate.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Programmes from the past

    Fawlty Towers, Auf Pet and that's about it. May watch 20mins or so of something like The Professionals but looking back on them now they were quite naff. The kids progs on the other hand were so much better than todays offerings.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    co armagh n/ireland
    Posts
    14,827

    Default Re: Programmes from the past

    oh without a doubt the ids shows from the eighties even nineties are much better than what we get today.
    shows like dangermouse,inspector gadget,worzel gummidge, grange hill etc etc are shows i still watch and get iimmense enjoyment from.

    i guess its down to the beeb what shows the channel puts out and qwhat they are like.


    although the professionals i feel is very good.


    Quote Originally Posted by havasack View Post
    Fawlty Towers, Auf Pet and that's about it. May watch 20mins or so of something like The Professionals but looking back on them now they were quite naff. The kids progs on the other hand were so much better than todays offerings.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

  5. #15

    Default Re: Programmes from the past

    I much prefer to watch the oldies on tv,don,t like modern comedies or detective shows not the same.Well that is my oppinion.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    155

    Default Re: Programmes from the past

    I keep scanning the channels hoping to find stuff i used to watch but didnt care for but now am hankering over. I loved watching 321 on challenge, i purposly used to watch them at 7-9 on a saturday to get the nostalgic feeling all over again...sad huh.
    Programmes im hoping will be reshown as they are on itv4 or wherever include - Juliet Bravo , Widows, Sapphire and Steel and Armchair Thrillers, hart to hart , charlies angels.

    Surely to repeat these old programmes doesnt cost much, repeat fees maybe but the amount saved by not making another abysmal downton abbeyesque thing would compensate this..

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    co armagh n/ireland
    Posts
    14,827

    Default Re: Programmes from the past

    must be a honest i never saw sapphire and steel, charllies angels but did these others.
    Would love to see them again.

    would love to see the gentle touch and cats eyes on say itv 4.

    Quote Originally Posted by RetroAEROSMITH View Post
    I keep scanning the channels hoping to find stuff i used to watch but didnt care for but now am hankering over. I loved watching 321 on challenge, i purposly used to watch them at 7-9 on a saturday to get the nostalgic feeling all over again...sad huh.
    Programmes im hoping will be reshown as they are on itv4 or wherever include - Juliet Bravo , Widows, Sapphire and Steel and Armchair Thrillers, hart to hart , charlies angels.

    Surely to repeat these old programmes doesnt cost much, repeat fees maybe but the amount saved by not making another abysmal downton abbeyesque thing would compensate this..
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    southampton
    Posts
    658

    Default Re: Programmes from the past

    I've been watching Bergerac on Yesterday when I get the chance, and also watched Colditz which was on until recently.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    co armagh n/ireland
    Posts
    14,827

    Default Re: Programmes from the past

    good show bergerac.
    i watched it when it was originallly on.
    never saw colditz.


    Quote Originally Posted by themilkman View Post
    I've been watching Bergerac on Yesterday when I get the chance, and also watched Colditz which was on until recently.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

  10. #20

    Default Re: Programmes from the past

    Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    good show bergerac.
    i watched it when it was originallly on.
    never saw colditz.
    I enjoy Bergerac too nice scenery in Jersey the view at Charlie Hungerford,s garden is immense

Similar Threads

  1. Christmas past!
    By nessie in forum Holidays
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 21:36
  2. The Past...
    By Jude in forum Introduce yourself
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21-06-2012, 12:10
  3. i'm stuck in the past
    By bimpy in forum Introduce yourself
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 22-04-2012, 00:36
  4. One Foot in the Past
    By Marine Boy in forum Television
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-02-2011, 03:18
  5. Christmas past
    By karenbrown18 in forum Holidays
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 22-04-2008, 22:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •