X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Who - Dragonfire (my review)

This story topped the S24 DWAS poll.

In hindsight, it's hard to see how.

Only McCoy seems to make any effort to remember that Svartos is an ice planet and, as a result, looks like a fool when he is the only one slipping and sliding about!

Sophie Aldred is as nowhere near as natural in her acting in her first story as her famously unshaven bushes under each arm.

Peel is adequate but even he cannot cope with with the torturous infodumps required of him by the script.

Tony Selby returns as Glitz, but the cunning psychopath of the first four episodes of The Trial of a Timelord has gone, replaced by a "loveable" Cockney wideboy.

Apparently they tried to get Ronald Lacey who played the melting Nazi in Indiana Jones to play Kane.

They also tried to get David Jason to play Kane. Imagine Inspct. Frost/Dangermouse as a Doctor Who villain!

What was with the little girl that seemingly had the run of the place in Episode Three?

And what was she wearing?! It's a poofy...blue... thing.
    http://www.youtube.com/video/ywjfSVrCqnk

Re: Doctor Who - Dragonfire (my review)

I know season 24 was one of the weaker ones, but I certainly remember liking this story when I saw it for the first time.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I quite liked the ice dragon critter in it. I have a feeling the story was a bit rushed and badly edited which leaves one of the worse cliffhangers in history of Dr Who. The doctor hanging from the side of a cliff by his umbrella for no reason at all.

Comment

Just curious, would any real life girl wear a dress like the little girl's one in Dragonfire:
        :
        http://www.youtube.com/video/ywjfSVrCqnk

Comment

Working...
        X