Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: School Rules (Specifically Those Unique To Your School)

Default Re: School Rules (Specifically Those Unique To Your School)

As for school rules we didn't have any as such; lest a rule book.

I think it was generally up to us to know what is right & what is wrong

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    We had to wear aprons in metal/woodwork so the tie in the machinery wasn't so much of an issue. I seem to remember the workshops also being cold all the time so jumpers were also a necessity and helped with the tie control situation, although my Pierre Cardin cardigan wasn't much cop at holding the tie in as the neck line was quite low.
    That is a good one too Mullentino now upon reading your reply here and thinking back

At my First secondary we never had Aprons for Art but did for H.E (Cookery) and Metalwork/CDT but at my 2nd School - I think it was an Apron for all 3 (or if not it was opposite of my first School)

Additionaly you could not use one for all 3 lessons and you was even more stumped if you was the un-fortunate guy to have 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 3 of these lessons all in one day - but even though for preparing Food you have to be cautious with other stains - I am still talking of the days when Stain Devil was known (which I'm sure Parents etc would of appreciated buying over 3 seperate aprons)!

80sChav

In high school chewing tobacco became very popular, particularly among the athletes because school rules only prohibited smoking specifically. Later the student handbook was amended to any tobacco.

We used to go in the woods, on the perimeter of the school playing field, to smoke amongst other things lol

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by victorbrunswick View Post
    In high school chewing tobacco became very popular, particularly among the athletes because school rules only prohibited smoking specifically. Later the student handbook was amended to any tobacco.
    You are lucky there Victor - in England we'd never get to see the Handbook lol

Another was for us - we had a drinbs machine - ajacent to the CDT Block that gave outa whole cariety of Drinks - including off-hand, Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocalte, Bovril (if you was luck) and Sqaush consisting of Lime and Orange - though iam sure this never was 2allowed" to be open of an Afternoon Break - thouigh I dunno why this was though to be honest one bit as at that school - the Afternoons was as chilly as the Morninbgs - if a edesired Hot Drink (was the "flavour of the day/hour" .... if you'll pardon the pun/play on words here)!

80sChav

Another we had was we had White T-Shirts for PE and any with the most tiny logo on they made us wear them inside-out!!
    Last edited by 80sChav; 29-06-2018 at 00:18.

Some more had had - was you could not just show the Knot of your school tie tucked in the shirt in formal lessons, but they expected it as so for like CDT and Science - though this was understandable as an Health and safety Hazzrd/Risk ..... even in those days, but for Art it was'nt expected - so it was ok to get paint etc on your Tie then

Another take took on ths was the "Snooker Cue Effect", so we did'nt tuck it in as high as the top Button (or lower), so that was that and they "axxepted" that as a Health and Safety minamulisation risk, but woe-betide if you had CDT- English/Maths etc in a row of leesons as the Tie had to be dune immaculate then!

80sChav

Thou shalt not set fire to your mates tie with the bunsen burner
    Thou shalt not stick juicy fruit under the desk
    Thou shalt not draw a huge willy on the blackboard
    Thou shalt not drag on a players number 10 behind the bike shed
    Thou shalt not spend all your dinner money on cola cubes and dessert japs
    Thou shalt not use your school books to make paper planes with
    Thou shalt not spend the lesson trying to see up miss carpenters skirt

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Thou shalt not draw a huge willy on the blackboard
    Sex Education lessons excepted of course.

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Thou shalt not spend the lesson trying to see up miss carpenters skirt
    I was about to do a joke about carpenters and banging when I read that, but it might get taken the wrong way...
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    What too about Showers after PE - at my first Secondary , this only applied for the first and 2nd years but in other instances at other schools it was 9 i heard back in the day -for every year)
    We had cross country running in one PE lesson (I wished I could cross the country to get away from it), and of course the teacher told us for hygienic reasons to have a (freezing cold) shower at the end. Some moron had pinched my towel, and as I didn't want to get my clothes wet, there were some comments made about, shall we say, something I had when I was younger, because of the fact that I had to shower. It wasn't too bad when it came to swimming but with PE it was pure torture.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).