Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullying

Default Bullying

This is a touchy subject, but quite a topical one as on the front page of this week's Northwich Guardian their is a photo of a pretty 16-year-old girl who's hung herself. The article states there are widespread accusations on social media that she was a victim of bullying. There are 'STOP BULLYING' signs in the shape of a blue ribbon being bandied around virtually everywhere on Facebook right now, and the family have organized events, such as a sponsored walk, to raise money for a proper burial for her. Does anyone have any experiences of bullying from their school days they'd care to talk about, or any opinions on it? What would be the best deterrent for it?
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

big kid Guest

Default Re: Bullying

i got bullied in secondary school by a lad a couple of years older than me. i did get my revenge as i'd seen him waiting first in line to go in the classroom that i was in. i booted the door open, it smashed into his head and he had to go and have stitches. never bothered me again after that.

this is just terrible to hear that she was driven to this.
    Schoolkids cant escape the bullying when they go home because of the creation of social media.

Its impossible to completely eradicate it from schools.

My schools secondary and my last school even the pupils where assaulting the teachers and some teachers just didnt care about the bullying and said as much.

Quote Originally Posted by philipdalton View Post
    this is a touchy subject, but quite a topical one as on the front page of this week's northwich guardian their is a photo of a pretty 16-year-old girl who's hung herself. The article states there are widespread accusations on social media that she was a victim of bullying. There are 'stop bullying' signs in the shape of a blue ribbon being bandied around virtually everywhere on facebook right now, and the family have organized events, such as a sponsored walk, to raise money for a proper burial for her. Does anyone have any experiences of bullying from their school days they'd care to talk about, or any opinions on it? What would be the best deterrent for it?
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

I think mot kids experience bullying at some time. These days, it seems that it is getting more intense (my girlfriend's daughter's hair was set alight at one point!) with a tendency to force kids to conform...
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by zabadak View Post
    I think mot kids experience bullying at some time. These days, it seems that it is getting more intense (my girlfriend's daughter's hair was set alight at one point!) with a tendency to force kids to conform...
    I cannot believe how kids are so cruel

I was bullied in school a few times. The worst incident was when I was lying down on the grass, a chubby, hyperactive student bounced and sat on my back, I came home with bruises. The headteacher did nothing about it so I was put in another school a couple of years later.

i cant believe it but sadly in a way im not surprised.it happens.

I cant imagine how tough it is being a teacher nowadays.

Is school any rougher now than it was thirty yrs ago.
    Hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    i cannot believe how kids are so cruel
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

This girl has become virtually the local equivalent of Princess Diana due to her suicide, it has been on the front page of the Guardian about it for the third week running. There were so many who attended her funeral they couldn't all fit in the church. They're also holding an anti-bullying awareness evening in memory of her later this month, which I've got a ticket for. It would be interesting to know what the bullies actually make of it all, do they have any regrets for the way they've treated her, or do they just see her as a pathetic, stupid, attention-seeking, over sensitive waste of space?
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Quote Originally Posted by philipdalton View Post
    This girl has become virtually the local equivalent of Princess Diana due to her suicide, it has been on the front page of the Guardian about it for the third week running. There were so many who attended her funeral they couldn't all fit in the church. They're also holding an anti-bullying awareness evening in memory of her later this month, which I've got a ticket for. It would be interesting to know what the bullies actually make of it all, do they have any regrets for the way they've treated her, or do they just see her as a pathetic, stupid, attention-seeking, over sensitive waste of space?
    This is a commendable thread you have created here Phillip- credit to you for highlighting bullying. Sadly anti-bullying ideas in my first secondary would never have worked - as much as we would have wanted them to -which makes me think try as they may today they can't work neither. Regardless credit to u here for the thread m8.

I don't honestly feel there is any deterrent for bullying in schools except for the expulsion of the bullies. Even then there is a good probability it will continue out of school. Both me and my sister had it bad both in and out of school. Our parents intervention only made matters worse. I had to endure it for many years both in and out of that place. My sister however in the end got home tuition and she got so bad with it that she physically could not go to school. We both suffer from long term health problems today which started some 30+ years ago at secondary. I assume the long term bullying was the start of the problem. We got no help at all ,especially from the school.
    Last edited by battyrat; 16-08-2016 at 04:52.