Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old Console and Computers. Any Collectors?

Default Re: Old Console and Computers. Any Collectors?

^ that's a mighty fine collection right there!

Wow, that's a healthy collection you've got there Spuggy. You got games for them all? The only system I have that I can't play right now is my 48k Speckie. I need a toploader tape deck, a power supply and I suppose a game would be handy too. Anyone clearing out any old Speckie parts lol?

You got anything decent for the GX4000? I've seen them on Ebay for 30 but I've heard the only games worth having are Pang, Switchblade and Robocop 2.

Seemed an odd move for Sir Alan to break into the console market with an 8 bit when the Mega Drive was available and the SNES was on the horizon. Chase HQ 2 is supposed to be good on the GX but apparently there are only 2 cartridges in existence and the last time one sold it went for 2000. One has appeared on Ebay a couple of times in the last few years but the seller keeps pulling the auction just before its closing time.

I was never a big fan of the LCD handhelds, I always felt they were a bit overpriced, especially when you could get some great Grandstand handhelds like BMX Flyer and Amidar for similar money and you could buy a power pack for them and use them in the dark. On Amidar it said 'LSI Screen'. I always wondered what that meant. Is it Light Segment Interactive? Love Sex intelligence?

The Tomy Tronic 3D games were good fun but in school you could never get a decent shot at the game because someone would always come along and cover up the light intake. The Space Invaders style one was the best, the driving one got a bit boring quite quickly.

I did have both an Acorn Electron & Commodore 128 but had to get rid of both due to parental pressure!

I still have a Playstation One & PS2.

My brother had a Firefox F7 from Granstand, I'm hoping my it's still at my parents house but they have a habit of disposing of things without warning!
    The Trickster On The Roof

Na never liked handhelds myself

for one thing screen was too small found it hard to see.

Quote Originally Posted by trip2themoon View Post
    wow, that's a healthy collection you've got there spuggy. You got games for them all? The only system i have that i can't play right now is my 48k speckie. I need a toploader tape deck, a power supply and i suppose a game would be handy too. Anyone clearing out any old speckie parts lol?

You got anything decent for the gx4000? I've seen them on ebay for 30 but i've heard the only games worth having are pang, switchblade and robocop 2.

Seemed an odd move for sir alan to break into the console market with an 8 bit when the mega drive was available and the snes was on the horizon. Chase hq 2 is supposed to be good on the gx but apparently there are only 2 cartridges in existence and the last time one sold it went for 2000. One has appeared on ebay a couple of times in the last few years but the seller keeps pulling the auction just before its closing time.

I was never a big fan of the lcd handhelds, i always felt they were a bit overpriced, especially when you could get some great grandstand handhelds like bmx flyer and amidar for similar money and you could buy a power pack for them and use them in the dark. On amidar it said 'lsi screen'. I always wondered what that meant. Is it light segment interactive? Love sex intelligence?

The tomy tronic 3d games were good fun but in school you could never get a decent shot at the game because someone would always come along and cover up the light intake. The space invaders style one was the best, the driving one got a bit boring quite quickly.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1978 View Post
    I did have both an Acorn Electron & Commodore 128 but had to get rid of both due to parental pressure!

I still have a Playstation One & PS2.

My brother had a Firefox F7 from Granstand, I'm hoping my it's still at my parents house but they have a habit of disposing of things without warning!

It's horrible when you look back at all the good things you had to get rid of because your parents would hit you with something like "it's just taking up space, why keep it? You don't even look at it anymore".

I was about 10 when I gave up playing with my toys so my Dad gave away all my Star Wars and Transformers stuff. Although these were 1980s toys they wouldn't be worth anything today because I hadn't kept them good. When I got my Millennium Falcon it bugged me that despite it being quite a big ship you could only play with about half of the back section so I knocked out the cardboard bit that formed the inside wall that would open up the inaccessible bit of the ship and then of course never used it.

I've never seen a Commodore 128 in the flesh, is that the one that sort of looks like a smaller Amiga? When the shops were all stocking 8 bit tapes like C64, Speckie and 464 I don't remember seeing any tape games for the 128.

I remember Firefox was one of Grandstand's best games. It was almost like having an arcade game in your home. Was that the one that played similar to galaxian?

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    Na never liked handhelds myself

for one thing screen was too small found it hard to see.

I've never really understood people's attraction to Nintendo's old hand helds. I thought the Gameboy was terrible, monochrome screen that you have to sit under a light to see, then they brought out the Gameboy Advance which although in colour it had no back light. I have a Gameboy Advance SP which is the one that's like a DS in its shape but with the SP they finally added a much needed back light.

I remember when you could find LCD handheld games in shops for a couple of quid and that's really all they were worth. Nintendo's Game n Watch games were just slightly larger versions of those cheap-arsed LCD handhelds but because it has a Nintendo badge on it it's 30. Round about the time a mate of mine got a Donkey Kong Game n Watch I got a Grandstand BMX Flyer which cost about the same as the game n watch but my game had colour, a better screen, better sound, I could play it in the dark and I had a power pack for it so we wouldn't have to worry about batteries. LCD game batteries did last ages though. All LCD games, even Nintendo ones got really boring really quickly, but we had a good collection of Grandstand and Tomy LSI games. As well as BMX Flyer we had Firefox, Amidar, and Kingman. Those handhelds used to keep me and my sisters entertained for hours.

Nintendo always seemed to be quite ridiculous in their prices. When I had my Master System the games ranged from between 10 to 30. Fantasy Zone was a great arcade game and an awesome conversion came out on the Master System for only 10. In 1988 you'd have to pay 40 for a decent NES game. In the late 80s I thought that 40 for the original Zelda seemed nuts and eventually getting to play it I thought it was overrated to hell.

I've never seen a Commodore 128 in the flesh, is that the one that sort of looks like a smaller Amiga? When the shops were all stocking 8 bit tapes like C64, Speckie and 464 I don't remember seeing any tape games for the 128.
    Yeah it was flatter than a bread bin C64, the C64C copied the design a bit. It was a bit like a smaller Amiga, they also made a C128D which was a desktop version. There weren't that many games for the C128 specifically, I had a couple but mainly used mine as a C64, as you could toggle between 3 modes, C128, C64, CP/M.

i just didnt like that handhelds neeeded batteries lithium i think.
    I had a gameboy advance at one point but didnt keep it long.

With a lot of consoles i waited till the price went down till i got it.

One reason maybe loz was 40 quid was perhaps cause it was a gold cartridge.

think the snes i bought back when it came out was a ton fifty which considering its amazing games was worth it.

i've never really understood people's attraction to nintendo's old hand helds. I thought the gameboy was terrible, monochrome screen that you have to sit under a light to see, then they brought out the gameboy advance which although in colour it had no back light. I have a gameboy advance sp which is the one that's like a ds in its shape but with the sp they finally added a much needed back light.

I remember when you could find lcd handheld games in shops for a couple of quid and that's really all they were worth. Nintendo's game n watch games were just slightly larger versions of those cheap-arsed lcd handhelds but because it has a nintendo badge on it it's 30. Round about the time a mate of mine got a donkey kong game n watch i got a grandstand bmx flyer which cost about the same as the game n watch but my game had colour, a better screen, better sound, i could play it in the dark and i had a power pack for it so we wouldn't have to worry about batteries. Lcd game batteries did last ages though. All lcd games, even nintendo ones got really boring really quickly, but we had a good collection of grandstand and tomy lsi games. As well as bmx flyer we had firefox, amidar, and kingman. Those handhelds used to keep me and my sisters entertained for hours.

Nintendo always seemed to be quite ridiculous in their prices. When i had my master system the games ranged from between 10 to 30. Fantasy zone was a great arcade game and an awesome conversion came out on the master system for only 10. In 1988 you'd have to pay 40 for a decent nes game. In the late 80s i thought that 40 for the original zelda seemed nuts and eventually getting to play it i thought it was overrated to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    i just didnt like that handhelds neeeded batteries lithium i think.
    I had a gameboy advance at one point but didnt keep it long.

With a lot of consoles i waited till the price went down till i got it.

One reason maybe loz was 40 quid was perhaps cause it was a gold cartridge.

think the snes i bought back when it came out was a ton fifty which considering its amazing games was worth it.
    I bought my PSOne when it was down to 60, & the PS2 had already been around a while.

My PS2 came from a friend who didn't want it anymore & let me have it for 50, but kept the games because a housemate had one.
    The Trickster On The Roof

i had ps1 for a short time but from memory it had disc problems.
    Not really a fan of disc type games even tho ive a gamecube and a wii.

Which have had there problems.

Far rather have consoles with cartridge games and ones with tapes such as the spectrum etc.

Quote Originally Posted by richard1978 View Post
    i bought my psone when it was down to 60, & the ps2 had already been around a while.

My ps2 came from a friend who didn't want it anymore & let me have it for 50, but kept the games because a housemate had one.