Thread: Electricity Pylons

Default Electricity Pylons

Believe it or not you can have an electricity pylon in your garden

The national grid pay you rent for you hosting a electricity pylon on your land

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Default Re: Electricity Pylons

When I think of electricity pylons, I either think of Harvey Brant's sub-trainspotters' Pylon of the Month website, of those Play Safe PIFs narrated by the late Brian "Mr Barrowclough" Wilde.

I assume that we have pylons in the countryside because it isn't really possible to carry electricity underground like in towns and cities?
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

That's probably it George; the lines would be ploughed up if they ran the lines under farmers fields

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

No thanks.
    There has been extensive research relating to living near power lines and leukaemia in children.