Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any gamers here?

Default Re: Any gamers here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    The gamecube _does_ have Rogue Squadron II and II, which are still two of my favourite Star Wars games to date.

If you pick up an old Nintendo Wii (with the gamecube ports) you can play them in that (if you have the discs) and saves on wear and tear on the cube. My gamecube had some display issues so the Wii is how I play my gamecube games nowadays.
    Thank you ..

I just recall playing a level on Rogue Squadron where you were in a dogfight with hordes of tie fighters over a huge city ( at night I think )

Just recall playing that level hundreds of time .

Is there a similar level in one of those two games you mentioned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Default Any gamers here?

Sooooo after buying Star Wars Rebel Strike for £3.99 ..

Just finding this little bundle of treasure in the loft / attic

I didnít even recall buying Star Wars Rogue Leader .. Iíve been making unsuccessful bids on a few on eBay !!

Last edited by Zincubus; 4 Weeks Ago at 18:01.

Just gotta decide wether to use the three connections or the scart converter ... any thoughts on picture quality?

... and cheat passcodes

Nice find! I'd go with the Scart, much better picture.

To unlock both original arcade machines in Rebel Srtike:

Thank you !

In the eighties, I had an Acorn Electron. I played a hell of a lot of Elite on it.

Nowadays, I have an ageing but still decent enough gaming PC, and I play a hell of a lot of Elite Dangerous on it. The best part is how much it's like I imagined the Elite universe to appear when I was back blasting pirates in flickering wireframes.

I'm also fond of Alien Isolation, because it's basically 3D Monster Maze (ZX81, 1981). Really, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmAndSheldon View Post

Nowadays, I have an ageing but still decent enough gaming PC, and I play a hell of a lot of Elite Dangerous on it. The best part is how much it's like I imagined the Elite universe to appear when I was back blasting pirates in flickering wireframes.
    It's amazing how our brains filled in the gaps back then, using the cover art to help conjure up the images that the graphics of the time couldn't muster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    It's amazing how our brains filled in the gaps back then, using the cover art to help conjure up the images that the graphics of the time couldn't muster.
    The cool Robert Holdstock novella that came with the game really helped too.

Aye, back when games came with manuals and other stuff to really set the tone without charging an arm and a leg for "collector's editions".

That's why, despite having bought it on digital at launch, I recently bought the No Man's Sky Limited Edition set (for cheap) because it had a novel and artwork books etc which reminded me of the old Elite package.