Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Holidays - Where did you go?

Not sure mate, don't think he's ever been there as far as I know, I'll ask him next time I see him, though myself I've always wanted to visit and explore the land of Highlander, Taggart, Rob Roy, and Take the High road.

Coming from the Isle of wight, we never really needed to go on holiday,
    Plus , the summer holidays thats the time to earn money.
    (Every day should be a Holiday) dandy warhols.

Ive lived here all my life and still there are places ive never visited on IOW , even pubs, but im working on it.

When you live 2 mins from the beach, you just never go there, its weird really.
    When we did go away it was London or Theme park weekends mostly.

The Isle of Wight was always great to go on holiday, you got to visit Portsmouth well we did, see the Victory Admiral Nelsons flagship, then go on a ferry to the isle. Black Gang Chine was my fave, like smaller disney land but just as kool, and Alum bay with the multicoloured sands, awww those were the days my friends I'd thought they'd never end......Omg I've contracted Mary Hopkinitus.
    Last edited by Oggy; 03-12-2006 at 15:41. Reason: speeling mistakes

Default Re: Oh I Do Like to be Beside The Seaside!

The first holiday I remember was at Jaywick, must have been about 4. There was Dawlish (Devon) when I was 8, 2 weeks on the Isle of Wight when I was 14 - my parents loved it so much that they moved to Shanklin when my Dad retired. Apart from that, childhood holidays were mostly with friends or relatives - we went to Dover a lot, to stay with my mum's cousin. Not a great beach, as it's all shingle, but I got to know and love Dover Castle. Had a couple of holidays with family friends in Lichfield. If we weren't going away for a holiday, we'd have one Day Out a week, sometimes we'd go to Clacton. There was a place on the beach with trampolines, I think it was called "Kangeroo Kapers" - or maybe that was at Jaywick, just along the coast... I remember the first time I got up the courage to turn a somersault on the trampoline. After I got off the trampoline, I'd always jump a couple of times on the sand, knowing it would feel really weird after jumping on the trampoline.
    We'd also have Days Out at the zoo, sightseeing in London, picnics in Epping Forest, visits to museums (luckily I enjoyed that).
    There was the milestone summer when my parents decided that at 15 I was old enough to go on holiday without them - I went pony trekking in Cornwall with school friends. We also had a day in London, and a day at Clacton - they seemed very different when visited with friends rather than parents - not that we got up to anything we shouldn't, but the feeling of freedom was wonderful.
    The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

in cumbria little town called cleator moor

I was born in the lake district and havce lived here all my life, so weekends would mean walking round various lakes and up and down mountains, holidays when i was little would be to the beach in my aunties cRARAVAN. mY FIRST HOLIDAY AROAD, I was about 10, impact coach to Estartit in spain, two days travel not good when your travel sick and your seat is next to the coach toilet. But i'm still g;ad of the opportunity.

Sounds like a nightmare in parts, so have you travelled much since, now, or would you like to Andria?

And welcome aboard the good ship DYR happy sailing/posting/threading.

Fuffin Rhyll I hated it then and I hate it now
    Love is an invention by bank managers to keep you overdrawn - Rick Mayall/ The Young Ones

Living in Fife quite lucky as the hills and seaside are all within 1/2hour of home. As a child my parents always managed to save enough for a holiday each year. We did all the seaside resorts Blackpool, St Annes, Rhyll, Morcombe, Southport etc. Looked in on a few lately while travelling, but a sad reflection on their pasts

in cumbria little town called cleator moor

Hi, thanks - i have well and truly caught the travel bug now, but i prefer to fly than take the coach. Going to Thailand in June, Bangkok and Chan here i come.

Used to stay with my aunty and my cousins for eight weeks school holidays at the caravan park at cleavdon near bristol,it was great, got to stay up late and watch horror movies!