Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: General Election 2019

Default Re: General Election 2019

I like Boris even more now he will make a great prime minister.The speech he made on Friday was phenomenal.I voted conservative like all those people in labour heartlands.We want change to get Brexit done and move on

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    I like Boris even more now he will make a great prime minister.The speech he made on Friday was phenomenal.I voted conservative like all those people in labour heartlands.We want change to get Brexit done and move on
    Did the Kool-aid taste nice?
    The Trickster On The Roof

Getting used to a new Prime Minister is like getting used to wearing a new pair of shoes - one gets blisters and teething problems, although as time goes by, one gets used to wearing them.

I would have voted Conservative as well, but as I voted Remain in 2016, I actually thought whether that actually tallied with what the Brexit situation is now.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

I dont have a dog in this fight but it was telling how Boris was even more enthusiastic regarding improving the NHS and other services AFTER hed won ... any other PM may have discarded anything like that or at least not mentioned it as soon as theyd won ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Crazy thing is the silly buffoon is just an act as hes an extraordinary intelligent guy ... check out his time at university.. very impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Crazy thing is the silly buffoon is just an act as he’s an extraordinary intelligent guy ... check out his time at university.. very impressive

It's a shame because he's the sort of person who likes the title of office but hates doing the day to day work.

Supposedly when he was mayor of London the civil servants had to do all the serious stuff while he was either making personal appearances or coming up with daft vanity projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1978 View Post
    It's a shame because he's the sort of person who likes the title of office but hates doing the day to day work.

Supposedly when he was mayor of London the civil servants had to do all the serious stuff while he was either making personal appearances or coming up with daft vanity projects.
    Na .... he surrounds himself with brilliant people .. who are better at the jobs he delegates - its the same ploy/ principle Donald Trump follows ..

Both great leaders for all their obvious failings ..

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1978 View Post
    The irony was that if I had lived in London, I probably would have automatically voted for Johnson as Mayor.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Sadly, we will now be leaving the EU at the end of January. Done. However, I don't think we'll notice much difference until the trade deal, if we get one, is signed off. We are in a kind of phony war situation right now.

I think the scale of Boris' victory took everyone, including the man himself, by surprise.
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Na .... he surrounds himself with brilliant people .. who are better at the jobs he delegates - its the same ploy/ principle Donald Trump follows .. Both great leaders for all their obvious failings .. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    In Trump's case they are people he thinks are brilliant but reality end up having to leave with their tails between their legs.