Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Quote Originally Posted by albert607 View Post
    Corona virus is spreading rapidly all around the world, I have canceled my UK trip that was scheduled for the next month.
    Come out of lockdown to soon and we will have the second wave which we dont want

Hyo-Jick Choi, a biomedical engineer and professor at the University of Alberta in Canada, says he has a potential solution: A mask that can kill harmful pathogens, rather than just block them. The secret ingredient is table salt.

Viruses and other pathogens travel either through the air; in droplets such as saliva or phlegm from coughing, sneezing, speaking, or breathing; or on surfaces.

"The coronavirus-carrying droplets, expelled from coughing, sneezing, speaking or breathing, can stay on the surface of the masks," Choi told Business Insider. "The biggest technical challenge of the current surgical mask and n95 respirator is that they cannot kill the virus sitting on their surface, which increases the chance of the contact transmission."

But when a virus-carrying droplet encounters a mask coated in Choi's salt solution, he says, it begins to absorb the salt. Then once the liquid evaporates, all that remains is the virus and the crystallized salt — which slices through the virus, neutralizing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Hyo-Jick Choi, a biomedical engineer and professor at the University of Alberta in Canada, says he has a potential solution: A mask that can kill harmful pathogens, rather than just block them. The secret ingredient is table salt.

Viruses and other pathogens travel either through the air; in droplets such as saliva or phlegm from coughing, sneezing, speaking, or breathing; or on surfaces.

"The coronavirus-carrying droplets, expelled from coughing, sneezing, speaking or breathing, can stay on the surface of the masks," Choi told Business Insider. "The biggest technical challenge of the current surgical mask and n95 respirator is that they cannot kill the virus sitting on their surface, which increases the chance of the contact transmission."

But when a virus-carrying droplet encounters a mask coated in Choi's salt solution, he says, it begins to absorb the salt. Then once the liquid evaporates, all that remains is the virus and the crystallized salt — which slices through the virus, neutralizing it.

...Interesting to see if this is developed further
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Quote Originally Posted by albert607 View Post
    Corona virus is spreading rapidly all around the world, I have canceled my UK trip that was scheduled for the next month.
    Such a shame, i just received a refund from Jet2 for my cancelled trip to Cyprus...on the positive side it's two grand in my bank account

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Such a shame, i just received a refund from Jet2 for my cancelled trip to Cyprus...on the positive side it's two grand in my bank account
    Use the money for a smart TV lol

Lockdown until June.Quite a few crashes involving bald tyres and essential journeys,I mean with no MOT until Oct more will be caught

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    Lockdown until June.Quite a few crashes involving bald tyres and essential journeys,I mean with no MOT until Oct more will be caught
    What do you mean "no MOT until october?

What do you mean "no MOT until october?
    I’m really not sure ... mine is booked in for mini service and MOT for next Tuesday

So Boris is expected to ease lockdown measures on sunday, he is predicted to follow what Wales are now doing with the re-opening of garden centres and recycling centres and unlimited outdoor exercise periods.

So Boris is expected to ease lockdown measures on sunday, he is predicted to follow what Wales are now doing with the re-opening of garden centres and recycling centres and unlimited outdoor exercise periods.
    The daily deaths are still alarming I mean we dont want a second bout of this