Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 229

Thread: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

  1. #171

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Quote Originally Posted by albert607 View Post
    Corona virus is spreading rapidly all around the world, I have canceled my UK trip that was scheduled for the next month.
    Come out of lockdown to soon and we will have the second wave which we dont want

  2. #172
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,838

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Hyo-Jick Choi, a biomedical engineer and professor at the University of Alberta in Canada, says he has a potential solution: A mask that can kill harmful pathogens, rather than just block them. The secret ingredient is table salt.

    Viruses and other pathogens travel either through the air; in droplets such as saliva or phlegm from coughing, sneezing, speaking, or breathing; or on surfaces.

    "The coronavirus-carrying droplets, expelled from coughing, sneezing, speaking or breathing, can stay on the surface of the masks," Choi told Business Insider. "The biggest technical challenge of the current surgical mask and n95 respirator is that they cannot kill the virus sitting on their surface, which increases the chance of the contact transmission."

    But when a virus-carrying droplet encounters a mask coated in Choi's salt solution, he says, it begins to absorb the salt. Then once the liquid evaporates, all that remains is the virus and the crystallized salt — which slices through the virus, neutralizing it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  3. #173
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    2,651

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Hyo-Jick Choi, a biomedical engineer and professor at the University of Alberta in Canada, says he has a potential solution: A mask that can kill harmful pathogens, rather than just block them. The secret ingredient is table salt.

    Viruses and other pathogens travel either through the air; in droplets such as saliva or phlegm from coughing, sneezing, speaking, or breathing; or on surfaces.

    "The coronavirus-carrying droplets, expelled from coughing, sneezing, speaking or breathing, can stay on the surface of the masks," Choi told Business Insider. "The biggest technical challenge of the current surgical mask and n95 respirator is that they cannot kill the virus sitting on their surface, which increases the chance of the contact transmission."

    But when a virus-carrying droplet encounters a mask coated in Choi's salt solution, he says, it begins to absorb the salt. Then once the liquid evaporates, all that remains is the virus and the crystallized salt — which slices through the virus, neutralizing it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    ...Interesting to see if this is developed further
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

  4. #174
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    2,651

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Quote Originally Posted by albert607 View Post
    Corona virus is spreading rapidly all around the world, I have canceled my UK trip that was scheduled for the next month.
    Such a shame, i just received a refund from Jet2 for my cancelled trip to Cyprus...on the positive side it's two grand in my bank account
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

  5. #175

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Such a shame, i just received a refund from Jet2 for my cancelled trip to Cyprus...on the positive side it's two grand in my bank account
    Use the money for a smart TV lol

  6. #176

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Lockdown until June.Quite a few crashes involving bald tyres and essential journeys,I mean with no MOT until Oct more will be caught

  7. #177
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    2,651

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    Lockdown until June.Quite a few crashes involving bald tyres and essential journeys,I mean with no MOT until Oct more will be caught
    What do you mean "no MOT until october?
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

  8. #178
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,838

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    What do you mean "no MOT until october?
    I’m really not sure ... mine is booked in for mini service and MOT for next Tuesday


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  9. #179
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    2,651

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    So Boris is expected to ease lockdown measures on sunday, he is predicted to follow what Wales are now doing with the re-opening of garden centres and recycling centres and unlimited outdoor exercise periods.
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

  10. #180

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    So Boris is expected to ease lockdown measures on sunday, he is predicted to follow what Wales are now doing with the re-opening of garden centres and recycling centres and unlimited outdoor exercise periods.
    The daily deaths are still alarming I mean we dont want a second bout of this

Similar Threads

  1. Thoughts on blue cistern blocks
    By Zincubus in forum Member's lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-11-2018, 09:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •