Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: School sports/PE/Games

Originally posted by Silver Bear View Post
    I’m sure I’d get awarded a Master of Farts.
    Master's Degree??!! lol
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Serious though - how many of you guy's got "promised" you'd be in a position to choose Footyy Teams each week and Rugger lesser so!!?

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
        Serious though - how many of you guy's got "promised" you'd be in a position to choose Footyy Teams each week and Rugger lesser so!!?

80sChav
        It didn't really work like that. If you were good enough to be on the team, you played and that was pretty much that.

Comment

Each year group had one entire afternoon off doing games. E.g. Year 7 on a Wednesday from 1 to 4pm.

I recall in the winter we use to go cross country running at Morden park in Surrey. It was horrible. The pe teacher use to accompany us too. He'd say, "if my students have to go through this hell, I will do too!" After a minute he would complain about a 'stitch in his abdomen and stop running and meet us at the finish line.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
            Master's Degree??!! lol
            Well, it would be more useful than many degree courses these days. ...
            ... My post-match farts used to amuse and appal my teammates: the changing room provided an excellent opportunity to release atrocious sounds and smells, as did the minibus on the way back from away games (with the added advantage that the master driving us could do nothing about it). So, a Master's Degree: why not?
            Last edited by Silver Bear; 05-11-2017, 16:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
              Each year group had one entire afternoon off doing games. E.g. Year 7 on a Wednesday from 1 to 4pm.

I recall in the winter we use to go cross country running at Morden park in Surrey. It was horrible. The pe teacher use to accompany us too. He'd say, "if my students have to go through this hell, I will do too!" After a minute he would complain about a 'stitch in his abdomen and stop running and meet us at the finish line.
              The PE master sounds a bit of a wimp. There's a thread about cross country and it's more or less divided between those of us who actually enjoyed it and those who hated having to do it.

Comment

It didn't really work like that. If you were good enough to be on the team, you played and that was pretty much that.
                sADLY YER - THOUGH i always recall it being said we would all have a turn - though it never came to friution!

Though I guess I am talking to the Master here, huh Mr Silver!!!?

Btw - check ur inbox please mate!

80sChav

Comment

sADLY YER - THOUGH i always recall it being said we would all have a turn - though it never came to friution!

Though I guess I am talking to the Master here, huh Mr Silver!!!?

Btw - check ur inbox please mate!

80sChav
                  Cheeky young so-and-so!

I’m sorry you didn’t always get your turn mate but at least you had your Footy and you played some Rugger at college.

Comment

Cheeky young so-and-so!

I’m sorry you didn’t always get your turn mate but at least you had your Footy and you played some Rugger at college.
                    Yer true and thanks, most Sports at School was rubbish - though at my 2nhhd Secondary we got to pick from the Local Swimming Pool or Local Lesuire Centre though - which had a few pros, like skiving the afternoon off as I lived on the Coast then, so Chip Shop/McDonalds for Lunch lol

Btw ur in-box is full Silver mate!!

80sChav

Comment

• Re: School sports/PE/Games

Thing was wit me i was always picked last althou thats not really being picked..

We used benches as the goals for indoor footie.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yer true and thanks, most Sports at School was rubbish - though at my 2nhhd Secondary we got to pick from the Local Swimming Pool or Local Lesuire Centre though - which had a few pros, like skiving the afternoon off as I lived on the Coast then, so Chip Shop/McDonalds for Lunch lol

Btw ur in-box is full Silver mate!!

80sChav
                        Living on the coast must have been nice but a pity about the sports facilities being so poor.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                          Thing was wit me i was always picked last althou thats not really being picked..

We used benches as the goals for indoor footie.
                          It’s often said that it’s the playing and trying hard that’s the most important thing and I’m sure that’s true.

Comment

I hated PE - having to change in the same room as everyone else. My poor coordination was exposed due to my difficulty in catching balls - in other words, I wouldn't have made a very good goalkeeper.

I remember on Wednesday mornings in Junior School, we had to go to this open space park for PE. It was freezing on most weeks, but the teacher who was prepared for the coldest day of the year, and had a nice warm coat on, often said "run up and down, you'll soon keep warm".

You couldn't get out of it, otherwise it would be "vest and pants" or "lost property" in order to make you do it. It was pure torture.
                            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I think most kids found it embarrassing getting changed showered in front of each other.

Teacher is right run up and down and you will build up good sweat and warm up.

Originally posted by george 1978 View Post
                              i hated pe - having to change in the same room as everyone else. My poor coordination was exposed due to my difficulty in catching balls - in other words, i wouldn't have made a very good goalkeeper.

I remember on wednesday mornings in junior school, we had to go to this open space park for pe. It was freezing on most weeks, but the teacher who was prepared for the coldest day of the year, and had a nice warm coat on, often said "run up and down, you'll soon keep warm".

You couldn't get out of it, otherwise it would be "vest and pants" or "lost property" in order to make you do it. It was pure torture.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                                I hated PE - having to change in the same room as everyone else. My poor coordination was exposed due to my difficulty in catching balls - in other words, I wouldn't have made a very good goalkeeper.

I remember on Wednesday mornings in Junior School, we had to go to this open space park for PE. It was freezing on most weeks, but the teacher who was prepared for the coldest day of the year, and had a nice warm coat on, often said "run up and down, you'll soon keep warm".

I actually enjoyed the running about outside more than the indoor exercises, even in the cold - especially dry crisp weather with a clear but sky. Often enough it would be a grey damp cold which was less enjoyable until you got warm.

I can remember a PE master admitting that his balls were 'bloody freezing'!

Comment

Working...
                                X