Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Which celebs live near you

Default Re: Which celebs live near you

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    ill bet it was big house and very well decorated mate.
    john always struck me as being very nice.
    It was a fair sized house - but on 3+ levels - and with Jennifer pregnant (at the time) they needed something a little more 'fall-friendly'! It was beautifully decorated. Both John and Jenn are lovely, gentle people. A real pleasure to know them.
    Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
    Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
    While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
    Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
    -Kingsley Amis

I live in Malvern in Worcestershire- Nigel Kennedy used to live here and his ex-wife had a house a few doors down from me, but both are now long gone from the area. I met him a few times, he's actually very shy and self-effacing.
    Nobody else who's currently famous actually lives IN Malvern, though there are a few living in outlying villages in about a 10-mile radius. Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin, and also Stella McCartney has a house about five miles away (though she's barely ever there, I think it's an investment property). Gardener Monty Don lives near Ledbury, the other side of the Malvern Hills. There are also a couple of the presenters from BBC Midlands Today who live near here, though nobody outside of the Midlands area will have heard of them apart possibly from Suzanne Virdee, who's done the national news a few times.

There have been several mega-famous residents back in the past though- composer Sir Edward Elgar spent most of his life here, also J.R.R.Tolkien lived here for a bit. C.S.Lewis and Jeremy Paxman both went to school at Malvern College, and hated it. Also the illustrator for Rupert Bear lived here- the Western view from the hills inspired his endpapers in the Rupert annuals!!

Griff Rhys Jones lives a few miles upriver from me. I'm in Shotley, between the Stour and Orwell estuaries, and Griff is a patron of the Stour & Orwell Society, which was set up to protect the area.

If I was a celeb I d head up river to places like Windsor .... does nt rod stuart live there and Jimmy Page ?
    or Henley where Carol T Pau lives

Quote Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
    If I was a celeb I d head up river to places like Windsor .... does nt rod stuart live there and Jimmy Page ?
    or Henley where Carol T Pau lives
    Seem to remember Jimmy page lives next door to Robbie williams?...not sure where but wasn't he trying to prevent williams from building a basement extension ?
    My teeth itch and my hair is scratchy

I think that one would need to live in Central London to say that quite a few famous people were neighbours - as it is, I assume if there are anyone famous living close to where I am, the chances are that they are not nationally famous, and if they are actually a household name, then I would take that phrase too literally and assume that they are just a name in their own household.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

My sister's friend's Mum lives in a house in Strines that used to be owned by John Squire of the Stone Roses, & not too far away from a house David Beckham lived in before moving to Wilmslow.
    The Trickster On The Roof

For a moment Richard, I thought you meant Staines! Had to look on Google to see where Strines was.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    For a moment Richard, I thought you meant Staines! Had to look on Google to see where Strines was.
    Sorry I should have been more specific.

In Marple where I lived Bruce Jones had a house but I think he had moved by the time he started playing Les Battersby.

John Thaw's dad also had a house in Marple, & John was occasionally seen visiting.
    The Trickster On The Roof

I know it was a village or a hamlet you were referring to - anyone not local to the area would obviously ask: "where's that?"