Anne of Green Gables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anne of Green Gables

I know I read the books as a child but I have a vague memory of this also being a television programme. Did anyone else watch it. It must have been during the seventies.
    sigpic

Re: Anne of Green Gables

There have been both film and television series over the years, but I think you remember a 5 parter in 1972.
    All film and series can be seen here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_of_Green_Gables
    Heather

Comment

Thanks Heather, that is the one!
      sigpic

Comment

Anne of Green Gables

Does anyone remember the five-part BBC1 children's drama series "Anne of Green Gables" which was originally aired in February to March 1972? I'm searching into the possibility of obtaining a recording of this. This is a real pin-in-a-haystack enquiry because 1972 pre-dates the availability of both Betamax and VHS domestic recording systems, but there were other professional b&w reel-to-reel recording systems in existence at this time, albeit they were hellishly expensive. The likelihood of a recording is made almost impossible because the BBC wiped their tapes of the original. However, a longshot scenario is that a member of the technical crew on the show might have made a recording and it's now gathering dust in some archive or another! If anyone has any ideas, suggestions or comments on this, I'd welcome the feedback. Many thanks.

Comment

I remember the title but that's all.

Sorry I can't be of any help.
          Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

This is one of my fondest memories of a Sunday teatime series in the 70s.
            What a shame it no longer exists on tape.
            The sequel that I also watched, 'Anne Of Avonlea', is available on dvd though.
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
            X