Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Games that never age

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    You were doing excellent until you said OoT. The N64 version is an unplayable muddy mess now. Most N64 games have aged terribly. The 3DS version is lovely though, if you're able to give it a try I urge you to.
    sorry mate.
    but the original is still the best.
    remember it took over 3 yrs to make.

id also include the frst two doom games in the list.
    to me its hot everything.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

It's the same tightened up game minus the muddy visuals in your pocket, why wouldn't you want that? And time in production has nothing to do with quality. If that was the case then Duke Nukem Forever would have scored 101 on metacritic. I don't know why anyone would take the older version when you could have the same game set running with all mod cons. Craziness.

Comment

It's the same tightened up game minus the muddy visuals in your pocket, why wouldn't you want that? And time in production has nothing to do with quality. If that was the case then Duke Nukem Forever would have scored 101 on metacritic. I don't know why anyone would take the older version when you could have the same game set running with all mod cons. Craziness.

It's called nostalgia thats the reason we are all here, for me personally I would rather play the origional the way it was meant to be played, and instead of an upgraded origional I would rather see a follow up on a new machine that was made for the specific modern hardware

Comment

Yes, I understand that, but writing something off just because it's newer is a bit silly is it not? Games are a unique, in most of the cases they get better when they are remade. It's not like films being remade that destroy the integrity and purpose or the original. It is a very elitist or blinkered stance to take in my opinion.

Comment

Yes, I understand that, but writing something off just because it's newer is a bit silly is it not? Games are a unique, in most of the cases they get better when they are remade. It's not like films being remade that destroy the integrity and purpose or the original. It is a very elitist or blinkered stance to take in my opinion.
            Lets be totally honest about this the games are not remade to make them better, the reason is income, like I said earlier I would rather the games companies spent their creative time and effort on a completely new follow up game than the laziness of just upgrading a classic for the sake of a quick buck, having said that I am hypocritically considering getting serious sam HD 1 & 2 for xbox 360

Comment

I was going to post a long counter argument to what you just posted, but I cannot be bothered. Some games deserve a second bite of the cherry. Some games don't. I think OoT is a game that deserves to remake. Ironically I don't think Serious Sam is a game that deserves one. You do though. Difference of opinions and stuff.

Comment

In response to the latter part of the statement I never said that I thought serious sam deserved a remake (personally I don't) but seeing that it has been done like I said Hypocritically I might as well give it a go.

Comment

Why give it a go though, you already played the originals presumably. Shouldn't the devs be putting their time and effort into something wholly new? Saying you might as well give them a go shows support for something you are against in general going by your statements. It's not hypocritical as you obviously want to have a go on them.

Comment

It's not that I support the update, it's the fact that I am caught in the get all the versions cycle that seems to entrap most people who collect things, mind you I will only get them on the cheap I wasn't going down the full price route for a game that as you say I have already got the origionals of. The devs reason for releasing these updates was (as they say) to give a new generation of younger players the chance to play visually updated versions of them, (still think it was a lazy way to make a quick quid mind), They have just released Serious Sam 3, I will have to get the 360 version as the PC version is download only (just not the same as having a hard copy of the game for me).

Comment

I remembered playing the original dungeon crawl Akalabeth on an ancient Apple II probably 30 years ago. Was delighted to see Akalabeth was available as an app on the ipod touch/ iphone and finally completed the game yesterday. Is that the record for the longest elapsed time between starting a game and finishing it?

Comment

Originally posted by spuggybridge View Post
                        having said that I am hypocritically considering getting serious sam HD 1 & 2 for xbox 360
                        Don't buy the HD Sam games! The original xbox Serious Sam game WILL play on the 360. I have recently just re-completed it on my 360 and it was great, loved every minute of it. The HD versions from Xbox marketplace aren't worth paying for TBH, just find an original Xbox Serious Sam for pennies on ebay and play that. SS2 won't play on the 360 (yet) but it's not a patch on SS1 anyway.

Cheers,
                        Finnthedude.

Comment

Mario and pacman is the best

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Originally posted by onthebusescrazy View Post
                            Mario and pacman is the best
                            Space invaders are also a timeless classic.

Elite is another classic that never ages.
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Worms, Pokemon, pacman, sonic, super mario.

Comment

One more that i forgot, abes odyssey. AMAZING!

Comment

Working...
                                X