Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bruce Forsyth and his syrup

Default Re: Bruce Forsyth and his syrup

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    When I was an apprentice (late 80s) there was a chap who worked in one of the other parts of the factory who used to walk past the Toolroom sometimes (there were doors at either end of the Toolroom which opened out into main corridor where all staff clocked in/out). He had a syrup, he must have bought it before his hair went grey as it was brown, it was also quite threadbare. His "nickname" was Wiggy, you knew when he was coming past due to the chorus of "syrrrruuuuuuuuupppp" that got chanted as he went past by the Toolmakers. I guess it wouldn't be tolerated now, although the guys did have to cover up their page three posters when they showed school kids around on school visits to the factory.
    These days, I always think "time for a haircut" when the hair on my head starts to look as if I am wearing a wig.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

I had heard that Brucie had 3 syrups of varying lengths to simulate natural growth
    I mean who was he trying to kid

In his book Going Solo, when Roald Dahl was on a ship to Africa as a young man he shared a cabin with a man who was bald and had a set of wigs to simulate hair growth.

He did this not just for vanity, but because he was living in the Punjab and reckoned the Sikhs would take a bald man seriously.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Quote Originally Posted by Semi42 View Post
    I had heard that Brucie had 3 syrups of varying lengths to simulate natural growth
    I mean who was he trying to kid
    I think that it was Wogan who had that - rumour had it that he had three different ones to give the illusion that he has regular haircuts and grows back again.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!