Flight Deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Deck

Produced in the mid 70s, Flight Deck (later it became known as Super Flight Deck after a few modifications) was a game that involved you landing your Phantom on the cardboard aircraft deck of a ship using a joystick. It was the closest thing to being in an actual cockpit for kids in those days, Not surprisingly, it was pretty complicated to set up and achieve your landing - and made worse if you had limited space in Mum and Dad's living room.I remember having mine for Christmas and by Boxing Day there were wires everywhere. Needless to say, my jet never landed!

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Flight Deck

I had this one too. I remember setting it up in our (at the time) very long hallway. I used thick fishing line for the guide wire and got quite good at it. I loved it at the time but in hindsight it was quite a **** thing!

Comment

Looks like quite a simple, elegant design of the catapult launching the plane which does a 180 and then glides back. What was the plane made of? In fact it's something I wouldn't mind having. I'm also a big aviation buff with the F-4 Phantom II being one of my favorite aircraft.

The funny part is that I seem to think there was also a US version of this but I can't think what it was called or who made it.

Comment

Here's just the simple flight deck
        Heather

Comment

I had the simple one. Very well used it was.

Comment

I wonder if you used a really long piece of fishing line if it would go further and return....

Comment

Working...
            X