Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What celebrities did you meet from the 70's, 80's and 90's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What celebrities did you meet from the 70's, 80's and 90's?

Slightly off topic but saw Helen Flanagan who plays Rosie in Corrie yesterday in the local M & S. Never really stood out as anything special on tv but what a stunningly attractive woman in the flesh. Beautiful blue eyes.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Timmy Mallet did a personal appearance at our local shopping centre in the 90's. He had his stupid mallet with him and he hit me with it so I called him a not so nice name beginning with C. He was not impressed. A few years later I worked for WH Smiths and Ian Botham came in to do a book signing. No one turned up. My friend and I were running him down in the staff room when we heard a cough from behind us - you guessed it, it was Beefy, he'd heard every word . The week after that Mr Bronson from Grange Hill came in to do a book signing and the place was rammed to the rafters with people. He was a legend!
      "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
        Timmy Mallet did a personal appearance at our local shopping centre in the 90's. He had his stupid mallet with him and he hit me with it so I called him a not so nice name beginning with C.

The week after that Mr Bronson from Grange Hill came in to do a book signing and the place was rammed to the rafters with people. He was a legend!
        A celeb?

Mr bronson was indeed a legend, and played my user name in Auf Wiedersehen Pet
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

So he did! I loved that show! Hiel Herr Grunwald!!
          "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
            Trev & Si were great. Swing those pants. I remember em taking the mick out of Sam Brown calling her Bobby Brown.

The two most recent i've met (through my job) are Patrick Stewart. He was an absolute gent. Really down to Earth and signed an autograph for one of my colleagues. The other is not so famous, Nichola Dixon, the one with dark bobbed hair that was on the ITV bingo night live show and I also saw her as a reporter in the first episode of Spooks code 9. She was really friendly and chatted about the show. I mentioned that i saw alot of late night tv as i have a baby and she said her brother was in the same boat. She asked me if i'd played and wished me good luck. What a lovely lady and very pretty too.
            Patrick Stewart - I still can't get over what he does on American Dad, he's incredible. Would have loved to have seen his one man show of A Christmas Carol.

As for me, I once saw Phil Cool at the Amulet in Shepton Mallet. And on at least seven occasions been in the same country as Harrison Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
              . And on at least seven occasions been in the same country as Harrison Ford!
              C'mon thats stretching it a bit
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I was on an escalator ( going down ) standing behind Elsie Tanner... she was with her mate
                from the TV show and they were discussing carpets that they d just been to see.( on the top floor )
                I had the chance to have a good look at her
                and her fine, auburn hair... wot a babe !

Comment

At a Sci-fi show in Manchester I passed Jon Pertwee on some stairs.

This was only a few weeks before he died, & I was shocked because he seemed quitr well when I met him.

I went to the same school as Ricky Hatton, he was only there for a year & I was a school year or 2 above him, but I must have passed him in the corridor at one point.

My sister got to meet Alex Ferguson, Ryan Giggs & Garry Neville while working on a legal case.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I've Bob Carolgees on a couple of occasions.
                    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Well where do i start....I class my self as extremely fortunate to bump into famous celebs and footballers on regular occasions.
                      It all started when i was a 16 year old working in Debenhams in Salisbury when i met Nicholas lyndhurst from only fools and horses. The girl behind the check out asked for his autograph and he said she already had it on the cheque he'd just paid for a hand held electronic game with.

For years i lived in Wilmslow Cheshire so would "bump" into people from time to time Jasper Olsen, Norman Whiteside and Gordon Strachan of Man Utd fame. A couple of folks out of Corrie of yester year who's names escape me at the mo.

Than i arrived at Mottram Hall Hotel in 89' and the list became endless. Every player in the Man Utd team from 89' to 95' they celebrated a cup win or two there and i worked on the bars. I remember having to wash either the FA cup or League cup out after it had been filled with champagne.
                      Also every opposition team United played in the Champions league stayed with us from Montpellier to Barcelona. And along with that every away team stated with us for league matches against either United or City.
                      City signings used to stay until they found more permanent accommodation. Kinkladze, Walsh, Immel, Rosler, Creaney.
                      Then every now and then a band would stay over for a while such as The Cure, Phil Collins, Wet Wet Wet, Deacon Blue and Take That. I bumped into Robbie Williams of all places in the gents ( sorry ladies he had been in a cubicle) I was washing my hands and as he opened the door the piped hotel classical music struck up a fanfare and he said " does it do that every time you open the toilet door?"
                      Freddy Jones stayed a while and used to converse over the bar every evening, nice guy.
                      Others of note at the hotel would be most of the Corrie cast from early 90's, Curly Watts still owes me 4 ciggies, William Roache was always nice and Anne Kilbride used to me quite delectable in the flesh.....honest!
                      Infamous regular was the then chairman of Man Utd Martin Edwards. It took us 6 months to fathom out the mystery pervert who was looking under the ladies toilets was him. He barged into me one night rushing from the ladies and on another occasion was talking on a phone between the gents and ladies to a conference room and interrupted his conversation to say "hello" to me. I didn't have the guts at the time to tell him that the phone wasn't even connection to a phone line. It was a few years later that he was officially caught in the act by a female member of staff and outed to the press and police.

These days i'm a taxi drive in the Wilmslow area and have picked a few celebs up over the last 12 years. Jim Macdonald ( character name ) from Corrie. Steve Macdonald too.
                      Footballers galore, Mark Kennedy, Peter Crouch, Gerrard Houllier ( then working for french TV) Andy (the sexiest) Gray, Craig Bellamy ( we had a major fall out). Didi Haman was a laugh the times I've picked him up. Wayne Rooney tried to get in my cab incognito despite his scouse mates and the taxi being booked for him.
                      Franny Lee, Dennis Tueart, Mike Summerbee (all gents).
                      There have been many many others but i'm buggered if i can recall them all.
                      I met Midge Ure after a gig and he too was a gent.
                      Oh John Thompson ( think that's his name) from the fast show too.

I'll shut up now. 8-)

Comment

Norman Wisdom, Russ Abbot, Frank Carson, Warrior from Gladiators, the bald chap from the Oxo adds, Jack Sugden from emmerdale, Stan Boardman, Joe Corrigan, Tim Healey all at Mottram Halls Norman Wisdom Golf classic.

Denise Welch on a few occasions. Right that's it. I'm In danger of boring people.

Comment

Mainly Doctor Who actors from the few conventions I've been to but I was very pleased to meet the great Peter Vaughan in my local Asda one day. He was living in a town in the Scottish Borders not far away from my home town and he was doing his shopping. I wish I had gone to say hello to his wife as she had been in Who back in the seventies.

Comment

When I was a kid I visited the set of All Creatures Great and Small and met Christopher Timothy.
                            I also met Martin Shaw who was with Christopher Quintin (Brian Tilsley from Corrie)

Comment

Whilst working in a hotel as a teenager I met the wrestler Big Daddy and punched him in the guts, at his request of course.
                              I also watched Live Aid with Sid Little from Little & Large, they were both staying in the hotel whilst filming.

Comment

In the early 80's my mum worked in the restaurant in an airport. I recall meeting the Everton team and Dead or Alive.

About 15 years ago, I met Neil Fitzmaurice and someone off Brookside, tall lad with a bit of a chinny head, in a club in Magaluf. Ended up clubbing with them for the night. Neil was a top bloke, but the other one was right up himself.

I went on a couple of dates with someone who is now a semi recognisable actress when I was 18.

I used to work as a hospital porter so I've met a fair few celebs there, and took a few dead ones to the mortuary, but it wouldnt be decent to name names.

I had a meeting a couple of years ago with the writers of Life on Mars, if they count.

Comment

Working...
                                X