What was the first CD and CD player you bought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What was the first CD and CD player you bought

I've still got my first cd player, I've only ever bought one! It is a Sony one which i bought in the mid 90's, my first cd was a 70's disco compilation, called Disco Inferno I think.

I still have my hi fi from the mid 80's too, a Panasonic one complete with tape decks and turntable
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I bought a Sanyo Midi System back in 1987, first CD was Big Audio Dynamite's This Is Big Audio Dynamite

Comment

First cd player was part of a Pioneer stacking system bought from Littlewoods catalogue and paid for by instalments when I got my first grown-up job (1990?). I had already bought a few cd's in preparation, first actual cd purchased was Gold Mother by James, and then Nowhere by Ride. Still carried on playing vinyl for many years, couldn't give up my collection. Took another 15 years to give up on my old turntable, but gradually replaced most of my vinyl with cd's. The stuff not availableon cd was recorded and burned onto disk by a friend. Now all my CD's are in my loft as I've transferred the lot to my i-pod. Sigh. How I miss the beauty and excitement of the gatefold sleeve!:cry:

Comment

First cd player wasa panasonic 6 multidisc.First cd meatloaf bat out of hell.Digital music is the way forward these days.Cds are so old school...
          sigpic

Comment

Loving your avatar, memoman, I used to drink Top Deck Lager and Lime as a kid, thinking I was drinking proper grown up booze. They did Shandy too, didn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by mazzer View Post
              Loving your avatar, memoman, I used to drink Top Deck Lager and Lime as a kid, thinking I was drinking proper grown up booze. They did Shandy too, didn't they?
              In an earlier post i posted the pictures for top deck lime and lemon cider shandy and lemonade shandy..in the food and drink section?(Top deck)
              sigpic

Comment

My first CD player was part of a Sony stack system
                My first CD was Loveless by My bloody valentine

Comment

my first cd player was a JVC model and tbh when i replaced it two years ago it was still in good working order...........my first cd was the carpenters collection.

Comment

Working...
                  X