Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonfire night

Default Bonfire night

So whilst enjoying a "quiet" night in on sunday evening....IT STARTS! bang, boom, bang (no it wasn't Lulu) it was bloody fireworks for pitys sake. Not enjoyed bonfire night since i was two and neither do my birds.....so i pull the bedsheets over there heads just kiddin
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

Default Re: Bonfire night

I have a feeling that there is a Guy Fawkes Night thread that already exists on the forum, but never mind.

Things have been quiet so far - I bet that in the next week or so we will hear the bangs and noises outside. Don't forget to follow the Firework Code - always use a torch to read the firework instructions and never use a naked flame, etc.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

When I was growing up as a kid,we looked forward to nov5th.But now anyone can let off fireworks between now and xmas new year.The postman put a lidl leaflet through the door last week advertising fireworks. One costing 49.99 for 180 shots lasting for 10 mins

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    When I was growing up as a kid,we looked forward to nov5th.But now anyone can let off fireworks between now and xmas new year.The postman put a lidl leaflet through the door last week advertising fireworks. One costing 49.99 for 180 shots lasting for 10 mins
    Yeah bonfire night in the sixties was massive .. . Where we are in Gtr Manchester.. each area / estate had their own community bonfire ..

Kids would go around all the surrounding neighbours asking for wood / logs / cupboards .. one year we had 5 mattresses and they were dragged under some trees and piled on top of each other then we used climb as high as possible and jump down onto the mattress pile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't forget that in most years, Guy Fawkes Night coincides (a few weeks either way, at least) with Diwali, the Hindu festival, as they use fireworks to celebrate as well - I suppose that is why fireworks are used so much in late October and early November.

And of course, the bonfire on the Forest Recreation Ground (no doubt paid for by Nottingham City Council tax payers - talking about rate payer's cash literally going up in smoke!), with a guy burning on top, and a Goose Fair parody along with it as well.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

I always remember children asking for penny for the guy

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    Don't forget that in most years, Guy Fawkes Night coincides (a few weeks either way, at least) with Diwali, the Hindu festival, as they use fireworks to celebrate as well - I suppose that is why fireworks are used so much in late October and early November.

And of course, the bonfire on the Forest Recreation Ground (no doubt paid for by Nottingham City Council tax payers - talking about rate payer's cash literally going up in smoke!), with a guy burning on top, and a Goose Fair parody along with it as well.
    Really?...I suspect it's because money grabbing supermarkets start selling them far too early, idiotic kids will buy if they see them for sale at any time of the year
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

What about those flamin mortar bombs that go off these days !?

I found one last year on our local park ó it hadnít exploded for some reason and I didnít fancy just leaving it for young kids to mess with or set off ..

Itís still in our shed !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Luvvit, luvvit, luvvit!

Always have, always will but I don't get to go to displays or buy them myself these days.
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

I love Bonfire Night. I go to a display. I'd never buy fireworks as i think they are a waste of money, so going to a display is best, there's usually the local radio thete too broadcasting live from the venue.