Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

Default Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Not sure who this guy is or how he ended up on your christmas card list but he clearly has issues and you clearly don't need him in your circle of friends, don't let this fester George life's too short to waste time worrying about this dipstick
    I am not sure either, but I wouldn't want to hear from him again. This is the problem - letter or email correspondence is easier than "face to face" communication, although the problem is that one can never get to know the other person properly enough.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

In terms of blood relatives I have a very small family. The only Christmas card I receive is from the son of one of my cousins whom I've never met. 😛

I have always felt that the more Christmas cards I receive, the more I feel that I am in the Christmas mood and want to celebrate it.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

3 so far for me

The postman came today and I am pleased to say that I had four lovely Christmas cards in the post from two relatives, a friend, and even somewhere where I went when in holiday - I just hope that all the other Christmas cards I receive will be from those who are passionate about Christmas and other people (such as myself), and that what happened last week is in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    The postman came today and I am pleased to say that I had four lovely Christmas cards in the post from two relatives, a friend, and even somewhere where I went when in holiday - I just hope that all the other Christmas cards I receive will be from those who are passionate about Christmas and other people (such as myself), and that what happened last week is in the past.
    That's lovely! ☺
    I haven't received any yet, i haven't sent any yet either, I'll fill some in tomorrow as it's my day off.

Am pleased for you George still only got 3 at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by victorbrunswick View Post
    In terms of blood relatives I have a very small family. The only Christmas card I receive is from the son of one of my cousins whom I've never met. 😛
    I'm the opposite, my late father had 15 siblings, so i have tons of cousins and second cousins, there's loads I've never met and probably never will.

My own late father (who had been married twice) had seven kids, and so I have six siblings - incidentally, one of them was one of the people who sent me a Christmas card in the post yesterday.

I think that because I live on my own, I am obviously not going to receive as many cards as a family address would, which is why it is special when someone sends me one in the post.