X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
    Sounds like a right old Scrooge!

You know what they say, you can't change the people around you, but you can change the people around you.

Ditch the mug, or send him a Happy New Year card, a valentine's card, an Easter Card.... etc.
    He won't hear from me again, and neither will the majority of members who was in the same group.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Many years ago I used to think why so many people have loads of Christmas cards and I had very few, and so I used to send cards to people I know and the cards increased - I think that friendships are made that way as a result, and at this time of year, I focus a lot more on cards than presents. It's like when a speed dating event a few years ago matched me up with a woman who I didn't even tick "date" for - they must have made a mistake because she put the phone down on me, but I would have still given her the benefit of the doubt.

At least I try and make an effort to make friends, and if you were in my shoes, you would probably say that it is very difficult.
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
        I received your PM and I thank you so much for it.
        Ah you're welcome! ☺

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
          Not sure who this guy is or how he ended up on your christmas card list but he clearly has issues and you clearly don't need him in your circle of friends, don't let this fester George life's too short to waste time worrying about this dipstick
          Well said tex! Your use of the word 'dipstick' made me giggle too!

Comment

I would like to thank Amethyst for her PMs - I am grateful to hear from you.

Another thing I would like to add is that I just found out today that I had sent a Christmas card to another member of the same group - and I had found out from someone who had contacted me in the post today that the person had actually died four years ago. I could have kicked myself for sending it after I had found out - there were so many people on the list hence not realising who was who. The problem is that the list of people who were members of a social group that I had was dated from 2012 and that was the final list I had received - I have dispersed of the list and got rid of it. The irony was that I used the list right up until last year without any problems - some members had told me by letter that some had moved or passed on, and I crossed them off and all that.

This is the main problem with modern life - people move on without us even knowing about it, and we automatically assume that things have remained the same from a few years ago when obviously it things have changed. Admittedly, it had my old address in the booklet, but I would have still received post as I used the Royal Mail's redirection service for a few years after I had moved. When people move, that is usually the last you hear from them, and if one doesn't make friends too easily, it can be such a huge loss.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
              Not sure who this guy is or how he ended up on your christmas card list but he clearly has issues and you clearly don't need him in your circle of friends, don't let this fester George life's too short to waste time worrying about this dipstick
              I am not sure either, but I wouldn't want to hear from him again. This is the problem - letter or email correspondence is easier than "face to face" communication, although the problem is that one can never get to know the other person properly enough.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

In terms of blood relatives I have a very small family. The only Christmas card I receive is from the son of one of my cousins whom I've never met. 😛

Comment

I have always felt that the more Christmas cards I receive, the more I feel that I am in the Christmas mood and want to celebrate it.
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

3 so far for me

Comment

The postman came today and I am pleased to say that I had four lovely Christmas cards in the post from two relatives, a friend, and even somewhere where I went when in holiday - I just hope that all the other Christmas cards I receive will be from those who are passionate about Christmas and other people (such as myself), and that what happened last week is in the past.
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                        The postman came today and I am pleased to say that I had four lovely Christmas cards in the post from two relatives, a friend, and even somewhere where I went when in holiday - I just hope that all the other Christmas cards I receive will be from those who are passionate about Christmas and other people (such as myself), and that what happened last week is in the past.
                        That's lovely! ☺
                        I haven't received any yet, i haven't sent any yet either, I'll fill some in tomorrow as it's my day off.

Comment

Am pleased for you George still only got 3 at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                            In terms of blood relatives I have a very small family. The only Christmas card I receive is from the son of one of my cousins whom I've never met. 😛
                            I'm the opposite, my late father had 15 siblings, so i have tons of cousins and second cousins, there's loads I've never met and probably never will.

Comment

My own late father (who had been married twice) had seven kids, and so I have six siblings - incidentally, one of them was one of the people who sent me a Christmas card in the post yesterday.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I think that because I live on my own, I am obviously not going to receive as many cards as a family address would, which is why it is special when someone sends me one in the post.
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X