Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ott Adult Tiswas

Default Re: Ott Adult Tiswas

I watched it with my mum although I was only about 14 years old....I suppose if you took all the good bits from it you would probably get 20 minutes worth of fairly decent, humourous material. I can remember a sketch Chris did with a female member of the team about a pair of gardening shears which his neighbour had not returned and an American duo who did a song about Dolly Parton's **** !!

Quote Originally Posted by scotchmist View Post
    I watched it with my mum although I was only about 14 years old....I suppose if you took all the good bits from it you would probably get 20 minutes worth of fairly decent, humourous material. I can remember a sketch Chris did with a female member of the team about a pair of gardening shears which his neighbour had not returned and an American duo who did a song about Dolly Parton's **** !!
    As has Roy Chubby Brown.
    The Trickster On The Roof

The duo was Maclean & Maclean (Canadians)
    Last edited by sixtyten; 15-07-2010 at 18:16.

I'm very impressed sixtyten! Don't know if it was the same song Chubby did...i can remember the refrain was "..but I've never seen Dolly Parton's ****!"

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1978 View Post
    I've only seen 1 or 2 clips, the balloon dance, & the time when a woman strips off more than Chris Tarrant expected.
    can just about remember it myself.

was not that good or i was a bit young to understand it.

maybe if i seen it now id really love it.
    original is still the best.

Interesting info here.

http://www.tiswasonline.com/related_shows.php

I remember going to my local pub one Sunday lunchtime and seeing Thin Lizzy being filmed for the follow up show to OTT - Saturday Stayback.

Rubbing shoulders with Phil Lynott - imagine!
    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

I though O.T.T got canned nearer 5 episodes in.And not more like the 13 made.It was really daft.slightly more adult version of Tiswas but very tame compared to what's on tv today.

theblack girl with the big boobs played claudette in east enders

I think that the moral of OTT is never make an adult version of a children's television programme, especially if it is indeed an adult-only one that is only suitable to be shown well after the watershed. It would too ironic - they were even thinking about doing an adult version of Rainbow around 15 years ago. If the Thames Christmas tape clip in TV Offal had anything to go by, perhaps it would be best to have second thoughts about the idea.

I don't remember much of it as I would have been in bed when it was on, but I know of the infamous TVS region clip that I have mentioned before on here, where TVS had shown the first Sweeney film while most other regions had shown the other Sweeney film (or the other way round). The version that TVS had shown was ten minutes longer, and OTT which was live and couldn't be time-shifted back then, happened to be the next programme on that night.

TVS was to show the programme like most other regions and they opted into it ten minutes into it after their film finished, and got through adverts and continuity. Chris Tarrant and Central seemed to know about this (probably because they could see from the control room which regions were showing it and which were not) , and Tarrant said that "TVS has only just joined us". They shown a snooker sketch again which was shown elsewhere and Tarrant said after it, "so TVS, why were you late?" It was like breaking the fourth wall watching it, and I just assume that Tarrant only knew about TVS joining them later than the other regions and not the fact that they had shown a different film prior to OTT going on the air that evening.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

yeah they stopped ott aftera few shows when shows that was much more offenive ie spitting image and the word was kept on