Clear All

Re: Embarrassing Moments

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
    Credit card, Coke?
    What a sheltered life you've led Stud1al
    You could say that,sixtyten.

Comment

Mine used to think Sinn Fein was a nasty man and that the world would eventually be run by "Roberts" (Robots).

Sorry should have included quote. See below.
      Last edited by branny; 17-09-2010, 01:56.
      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
        off topic but this reminds me of my gran who used to make up her own words for things. For years she'd go to the greengrocers and ask for 'capookas'. She was after capsicums, but they never bothered to correct her she wouldn't be told either!
        Mine used to think Sinn Fein was a nasty man and that the world would eventually be run by "Roberts" (Robots).
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
          my mother in law forever queuees up in mcdonalds for a "cod o`lay " she can never get it in her head the thing is called a "fillet o fish"
          This cracked me up when I read it! Perhaps she thought it was a Spanish fish dish, do you get it?
          sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I used to work in a supermarket. One day a man asked me, in a strong West Indian accent, if we sold "Camdens".

"Camdens?" I asked, thinking of the London Borough of Camden. "What are they?"

"When you're having sex, you put it on," he explained.

"Oh, condoms!"

Did he realise I had misheard him? Or does he still think that shop employ staff who are so ignorant that they don't know what a condom is?
            The present is a foreign country. They do things differently here.

Comment

Originally posted by Marillion View Post
              Did he realise I had misheard him? Or does he still think that shop employ staff who are so ignorant that they don't know what a condom is?
              That's funny!!!!

My most embarrassing moment happened when I was cut up and tooted at by a mad driver on a roundabout, and my reaction was of the two-fingered variety (with appropriate verbal message, as the window was down) only then to realise it was someone I recognized from work...for weeks after that I kept a really low profile and hid in a doorway whenever I saw them down the corridor!

Comment

Shopping in aberdeen with family, gave my Sister my money so i didnt waste it on anything, ( everyone was weaing Batwing Jackets at the time )
                found something I liked and really wanted, saw my sister out of the corner of my eye, started tugging on Her Jacket sleeve repeatedly saying
                " giez ma money, giez ma money " when no Money was forthcoming, i turned round and looked into the face of a complete stranger :O
                then noticed my sister Standing behind this woman, Killing herself laughing, I made my apologies and got outta there quick sharp
                DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

I didn't witness this myself, but a friend told me about a party he went to where this one guy had too much to drink and spent the later half of the evening with his head over the toilet.
                  Then the seat and lid came crashing down on the back of his head, knocking his teeth out on the toilet bowl.
                  OWW
                  I'd hate to be that guy in the morning...

Comment

I read an article on embarrassing moments some time ago and this one stuck in my mind.

A girl was visiting her new boyfriend's house for dinner one night and to meet his parents for the first time. After sitting in the lounge for a while, she suddenly found she had to use the toilet very badly for a poo. Being unfamiliar with the house, she was directed to the upstairs bathroom and her boyfriend said they would be in the dining roomm when she came down, and indicated a door off the lounge. She used the toilet rather copiously and to her horror found that she had blocked it. In a panic, and not knowing what else to do, she scooped pieces of poo out of the toilet, opened the bathroom window and flung them into the night. Eventually, the toilet flushed, she cleaned herself up, composed herself, and went downstairs into the dining room where the parents and her boyfriend were sitting. She sat beside him, apologising for taking a while and noticed everyone's puzzled glances at her and that they kept looking at the ceiling. Innocently, she looked up and her stomach dropped. The dining room was actually a single-storey extension built onto the house with a glass roof. When she had been throwing the poo out of the window into what she took to be the garden, it had actually rained down onto the glass roof of the extension as her boyfriend and parents had sat there, hearing and seeing each piece as it hit the roof.

Comment

When I was eleven, in my first year of high school, there was a girl Maureen (real name) in the fifth year, who I had a crush on

When I was born, my testicles had not dropped, being still in my abdomen

I had an operation to cure this

One testicle, I can still push up in my abdomen

Anyway, somehow Maureen found out about this

She used to sing to me the Mike Batt song Maybe You're a Womble, but changing the last word to One Ball

Then one lunch time, in the playground, she pulled down my trousers & under pants

She grabbed hold of me & squeezed hard crushing my genitals. It was very painful

Seeing I actually had two testicles she just said:

"Oh"
                      Last edited by Twocky61; 09-01-2019, 16:43.
                      sigpic
                      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                        When I was eleven, in my first year of high school, there was a girl Maureen (real name) in the fifth year, who I had a crush on

When I was born, my testicles had not dropped, being still in my abdomen

I had an operation to cure this

One testicle, I can still push up in my abdomen

Anyway, somehow Maureen found out about this

She used to sing to me the Mike Batt song Maybe You're a Womble, but changing the last word to One Ball

Then one lunch time, in the playground, she pulled down my trousers & under pants

She grabbed hold of me & squeezed hard crushing my genitals. It was very painful

Seeing I actually had two testicles she just said:

"Oh"
                        Jees a sixth former doing that !?!

She'd be put on the sex offenders list nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Apart from the obvious embarrassing moments such as being born and diagnosed with lots of things, I think that the majority of them happened while I was at school in the early 1990s. Mind you, I can think of one other...

It was a Saturday morning in the mid to late 1980s and me and my sister were playing in a local playground - the swings, slides etc, you know the score. There was a shelter at the side of the playground where parents watched us play. Now, my father used to sit on the bench in this shelter when we went the park, but this time he didn't as my sister had taken me. On this particular visit, there was a man who was the spitting image of my father sitting on the bench in the shelter - I almost thought absent mindedly that it was my father and I nearly called out "Dad" to the man, although obviously he didn't respond. I felt really embarrassed when I realised he was a total stranger - and we were told at school never to talk to people we don't know. So much for lookalikes in identity parades.

Also, at school we had to shower after cross country running and some moron had pinched my towel for a laugh, and so I had nothing to cover myself up with - I had an operation (see the Hospital thread) and they made references to where it was on my body - that was one day that not only I wish that my mother had written me a note excusing me from PE but I wished that I had not gone to school at all that day.
                          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Had to laugh at my wife recently, we were walking past argos and a woman was stood at the door with three or four copies of the argos catalogue, my wife walked up and saying "thankyou" took one of them from her thinking that she was a member of staff handing them out to customers.....she wasn't, she was taking them for family members.
                            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Tex's Argos catalogue incident reminded me of being in Sainsbury's back in the late 1980s - I saw what I thought was a free booklet on the shelf about various things, and I didn't even notice the price sticker on the back until I got home because, let's face it, I didn't realise that they sold things like that. The booklet was displayed in a "please take one" manner in a similar way as to how catalogues are in a shop.

At least regarding the Argos catalogues, one could go back in the store and get another one I suppose.
                              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I remember trying on some pullovers in Top Man, & afterwards folding up the ones I didn't want & putting them back on the shelf.

While I was doing this a woman started asking me where something was, as she thought I worked there!

It doesn't help that the staff don't have uniforms, just a name badge.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X