Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late 80's 90's Fantasy Board game, what is it called??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 80's 90's Fantasy Board game, what is it called??

Firstly I don't remember an awful lot about it, but I am desperate to find it again, problem is I don't know what it is called, lol.
    It is a fantasy board game, 4 players. I cannot remember the actual goal of the game, although I know you had to pass through the world (it wasn't a building or anything) safely. Cannot remember if we had to get a key or anything. I think it was a case of whoever gets to the finish or survives wins. The characters I'm sure were kinda like the ones from hero quest, although no special powers were given. The board was rectangle with clear paths leading the way. In the centre of the board was a Mountain (this is the main thing that I remember) The mountain had stone steps winding up to the summit, not sure what was at the top. But the mountain was a plastic structure you actually placed on the board. I also remember little balck and white cardboard discs that you placed randomly around the board and if you landed on them you had to pick a card. The card I think had the possibilty to give health, but you most definitely had to fight monsters from the card given, I remember this because some of the artwork on the game cards were quite scary, lol. There were your usual mythical creatures as well and weird and wonderful ones which I had never heard of. I think you had to battle them with dice??? I remember it being quite a tense game (maybe because I was little and a teeny weeny bit scared lol), definitely fantasy/horror board game.
    Near the end of the game there were 4 paths you had to take which led to a monster, but you only had to fight it, if you landed exactly on it or rolled a cetain die number, not too sure, but I always dreaded that bit, because I usually died, lol

Hope someone can help xxxx

Re: Late 80's 90's Fantasy Board game, what is it called??

Gosh there are so many similar games ( war-hammer) to this but could it be Dark World? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/428038/dark-world

Edit..or the warlock of firetop mountain but I doubt this one as I cant see a plastic mountain in the contents

Another one to rule out White Unicorn http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/5...-white-unicorn
    Last edited by Heather74; 06-09-2010, 15:18. Reason: Adding more suggestions.
    Heather

Comment

Could it be Talisman?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/714/talisman

Comment

Aaaaaaaw thanks so much guys, but it is neither of the above. I don't think it was a particularly popular or well known game. Can't remeber who made it, but it was awesome. It did look very similar to the white unicorn board game though. I've searched the net loads, don't think I'll ever find it (sniff). But thankyou soooooo much xxx I know the monster cards had things like Werewolf, a rat like monster, shape shifters etc to fight. I think the mountain was black, might have to rack my brother and sisters barins lol x

Comment

Oooh just remebered (I hope I'm not getting my memory wires crossed), but me and my sister are pretty sure the players were knights, a red one, green yellow and most probably blue. The mountain we think was actually a volcano, although it erupting wasn't part of the game. As I said before we just had to survive the perilous world and the monsters. There might have been a key, I seem to remember some gates near the end???

There was also cardboard discs that you placed on the mountain/volcano steps as well as the board, if you landed on one, turned it over to find a skull, you either died suddenly or had to fight.

Comment

I found it!!! It's called HORROR HOUSE!! no mountain in it though lol.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	!B1O7C,!CGk~$(KGrHqMOKn!Ew9)B+CdZBMdpz-wOBw~~_12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	259778

Comment

Doh!!!! And hes Green not black, never mind at least you found it and thats what counts here on DYR
              Heather

Comment

lol, I was sure it was a mountain, spent ages searching through all board games on ebay (there are loads lol). Saw that n thought it looked familar, only on closer inspection did I realise it was actually the game duh!! Pity there is only 1 for sale and it doesn't work, boo hoo! Can't seem to find it anywhere else. Thanks for your help though xxx

Comment

Dont worry about it the memory is a fuuny thing how it can change things.
                  Funny really as that very game was only posted on board two weeks back see here for pictures https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...t=horror+house but of course we were searching for mountains and volcanoes lol

I shall keep an eye out for one and alert you as soon as I do so
                  Heather

Comment

Working...
                  X