Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favourite teddy (or whatever you first bonded to!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite teddy (or whatever you first bonded to!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2839.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	264161

Meet Dirty Teddy. He's my oldest possession, having been thrust into my hospital cot within hours of my birth. Threadbare chest, eyes scratched to cataract status and after numerous neck splits, it's fair to say he's seen better days!

Apparently he's a koala, and he must have been pristine at some point but I only knew him as his scruffy self (hence the name) but he was most definitely my No1 most favourite teddy!
    1976 Vintage

Re: Your favourite teddy (or whatever you first bonded to!)

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2935[/ATTACH]

Meet Dirty Teddy. He's my oldest possession, having been thrust into my hospital cot within hours of my birth. Threadbare chest, eyes scratched to cataract status and after numerous neck splits, it's fair to say he's seen better days!

Apparently he's a koala, and he must have been pristine at some point but I only knew him as his scruffy self (hence the name) but he was most definitely my No1 most favourite teddy!
    so you still have him then.
    he must have some sentimental value tricky.

have you ever thought of getting him restored.
    you know back to his original condition mate.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Aww, what a cute little Ted. My favourite teddy was my Care Bear. My mum and dad got it me for my third Christmas and it's been my favourite toy. I'm 29 this month and I've got a two year old daughter now. I passed Care Bear onto her and she loves it. She won't sleep unless "care care" is there with her. Luckily my Care Bear is still in great condition. She is the pink Care Bear with the rainbow on her tummy, Cheer Bear I believe is her name.
      If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!

Comment

I quite liked one that lived at my gran's.He may have belonged to my mum.Was pink with a brown belly and Im sure he came from the teddy stall in Bournmouth winter gardens.

tulip

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          so you still have him then.
          he must have some sentimental value tricky.

have you ever thought of getting him restored.
          you know back to his original condition mate.
          Nah I'd never get him restored. It would spoil him lol. Plus he's just a cheapo little thing made from a craft kit (mum made him) and only about six inches tall.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Hmm...first thing was probably an ultra-soft and way-too-big-for-me duck, but I don't have any memories connected to that. The one I have memories of is a talking pull-string Rupert the Bear that I got for Christmas when I was...what, 3? 4? Something along those lines - there are pictures of my dad (looking like Lech Walesa with sideburns), holding me in one arm (I was wearing red and white flares by this time), and the brand new Rupert in the other. He was mainly cuddly, but he had hard plastic hands, and, for some reason, feet made of foam. The feet were the first thing to go, so my gran made him new feet out of scraps of rags tied up in old stockings, encased in equally old socks. She re-did his feet several times over the years, I remember, and also put a knot in his pull-string, to shorten the amount of 'empty' time before he spoke (now that's dedication to a child's pleasure!). I'm 40 this year, but only got rid of Rupert about 8 years ago, when there was finally no more shed-room for him. These days I'm more a believer in bears being like Timelords - once they've changed one life, it's time for them to move on and bring joy to another, so donated Rupert (still with his re-sewn feet!) to a local kids' hospital.

Comment

I've still got loads of my old cuddly toys. My favourite though is a Playschool "Babs Bunny" plushie which was sent to me from USA. Unfortunately, she is now in a poor state of repair from too much cuddling. Her feet have holes at the seams and she's a bit threadbare in places. I'm too afraid to wash her in case she falls apart.
              Apart from repainting the eyes, I lack the necessary skills (i.e. stitching) to repair her. Where would you get an old cuddly toy repaired, does it cost a fortune and how much material do they replace? I wouldn't want a replacement bunny!

Comment

My favourite teddy was a Panda one called Peter, who I think is still up in my parents attic after being passed down to my sister.

My Mum made a Winnie The Pooh (for my brother) &, a Kanga for me. These also went to my sister, though I think she still has WTP somewhere.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Mine is called Ted

He was given to me when I was a baby, and it's still at my parents home, but soon to be returned to me
                  We're both 27 years old

He needs re-filling and had a voice box but sadly that's no longer working. Would be nice to hand it to my daughter and so on
                  Being positive will make you happy.

99% of your problems will be fixed, so CALM DOWN and breeeaaath

Comment

Earliest toy, Pinky Bear (still have him!)
                    A Tartan long legged Donkey called Donk (cant find at the moment)
                    Woolly a cardboard tube with orange fun fur and strange glass eyes, (long gone)
                    Snakey, a fun fur stripey snake I had when I was 3 (He is still on my bed now! I am 45!!!)

Comment

A little soft toy monkey with a squeaker I called Marmaduke
                      sigpic
                      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

My teddy is called 'Poochie' he looks like an ant. He got ragged so I bought him some nice knitted Teddy Bear clothing consisting of a pair of brown trousers and a browny jumper. My Dad saw him in 1972 in the window display of Oxfam in Lemington Spa and thought he was nice but then walked on. Then, halfway he turned around and bought Poochie and gave him to my elder Sister. In 1978 I was born and Poochie - the name I gave him - became mine. I'm 33 and still love him to bits. I've never seen another teddy like him ever so I came up with a story that he came from a planet called 'Plop' and he's the teddy equivalent of Dr Who, he's the Last Ploplord and is now on his last regeneration. I also have another teddy, a knitted Lion called Tom because he reminded me of Tom Baker and he's actually the former Duke of Guildford (the Teddy world runs parallel to ours you know) and he abdicated as he was unhappy with it all, he came into our world and was glumly stooped under a bush across the road from our house when Poochie saw him from the window and called my Mum over and asked if he could be let in to dry off and have something to eat. My Mum and Poochie knocked on the window and beckoned Tom over and knapsack over shoulder he came; Mum rang him out and let his clothes dry (knitted!) and gave him a thimble of hot coco...Poochie took him to see me in my cot and as I apparently took to Tom as well he basically 'stayed for another thimble of coco'....He never left.

I don't care what people think, I'd rather be myself than sacrifice my individuality to become an 'acceptable' form of a man.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                          My teddy is called 'Poochie' he looks like an ant. He got ragged so I bought him some nice knitted Teddy Bear clothing consisting of a pair of brown trousers and a browny jumper. My Dad saw him in 1972 in the window display of Oxfam in Lemington Spa and thought he was nice but then walked on. Then, halfway he turned around and bought Poochie and gave him to my elder Sister. In 1978 I was born and Poochie - the name I gave him - became mine. I'm 33 and still love him to bits. I've never seen another teddy like him ever so I came up with a story that he came from a planet called 'Plop' and he's the teddy equivalent of Dr Who, he's the Last Ploplord and is now on his last regeneration. I also have another teddy, a knitted Lion called Tom because he reminded me of Tom Baker and he's actually the former Duke of Guildford (the Teddy world runs parallel to ours you know) and he abdicated as he was unhappy with it all, he came into our world and was glumly stooped under a bush across the road from our house when Poochie saw him from the window and called my Mum over and asked if he could be let in to dry off and have something to eat. My Mum and Poochie knocked on the window and beckoned Tom over and knapsack over shoulder he came; Mum rang him out and let his clothes dry (knitted!) and gave him a thimble of hot coco...Poochie took him to see me in my cot and as I apparently took to Tom as well he basically 'stayed for another thimble of coco'....He never left.

I don't care what people think, I'd rather be myself than sacrifice my individuality to become an 'acceptable' form of a man.
                          i quite agree witht that last line mate.
                          be yourself not what others want you to be.

thats so sweet that you still have poochie after 33 yrs.
                          it has very sentimental memories for you and why should you get rid of him.

what sort of nick is poochie in mate.
                          do you keep hin a sealed plastic bag.

love that story that he came from planet plop u had a great imagination mate.

Comment

Remember being at a local fair, guy selling raffle tickets has only two things Left, a Huge Teddy Bear and a Golliwog
                            Yeah you guessed it, I won the Poxy Golliwog ........... but ohh How I loved Him
                            wish I still had him, My mum had this really bad habit of throwing things away
                            DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by culnara View Post
                              Remember being at a local fair, guy selling raffle tickets has only two things Left, a Huge Teddy Bear and a Golliwog
                              Yeah you guessed it, I won the Poxy Golliwog ........... but ohh How I loved Him
                              wish I still had him, My mum had this really bad habit of throwing things away
                              how long was it before golly was thrown out culnara.
                              in other words how long ago was golly thrown out.
                              i suppose you told your mum not to throw it out but she says you do not need that old thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X