Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

indeed.

also mobile phones going off in the liobrary when im there.
    its incredible how often they go off and the different sounds they make.

if i was in charge of the library id get everyone to leave there phones at the front desk or no one gets in.

sometimes i walk out of the library ith a very sore head.

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
    Spammers [ATTACH=CONFIG]3682[/ATTACH]
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
      Spammers [ATTACH=CONFIG]3682[/ATTACH]
      And there's been a few today!!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	knight.gif
Views:	4
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	260365

Comment

Another hate of mine is people who watch TV at the wrong Aspect ratio!
        It was all fine in the old days when everything was broadcast the same, only feature films were shown in widecreen with bands at top and bottom of screen, but
        since the advent of HD/Widescreen, etc..things have changed!

I used to go to my Mums house and ask why she was watching a show that was shot in widescreen in normal TV ratio, which makes everything look stretched..

"looks fine to me" was the usual response...Arrrrgggghhhhh!!

droves me mad

Comment

My parents used to do this too. How can they not see that it is wrong? Mind you they were like that about a few things. They had a TV for years that had a fault on the screen when they bought it (an indentation at one side that made the image slightly wobbly in a line). I clocked it as soon as I saw it but they swore there was nothing wrong. Would've driven me nuts if it was my TV.

Reminds me of when I was young and I'd occasionally be given very bubbly orange squash with a distinct Fairy liquid taste. On complaining I'd be told to stop being silly and that it was just the bubbles in the drink!
          Last edited by Trickyvee; 31-03-2013, 07:08.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Easter hangovers:cry:

Wine and chocolate, lovely at the time - not so several hours later!

Comment

easter hangovers never heard of them mate.

What gets me is the way so many shows are sponsored you get these silly annoying ads.

Originally posted by Roz View Post
              Easter hangovers:cry:

Wine and chocolate, lovely at the time - not so several hours later!

Comment

Far too many adverts on TV at the moment.A program just starts then there is an advert 2 minutes in.
                TV documentary shows from america which keeps pushing and repeating the same point time and time again as if they don't have much else to say.
                People that just have to have things perfect.The dotted "i"....full stops just in the right place or everything exactly 2mm to the left and 1 degree to the right,especially at work.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                  Far too many adverts on TV at the moment.A program just starts then there is an advert 2 minutes in.
                  TV documentary shows from america which keeps pushing and repeating the same point time and time again as if they don't have much else to say.
                  People that just have to have things perfect.The dotted "i"....full stops just in the right place or everything exactly 2mm to the left and 1 degree to the right,especially at work.
                  I tend to listen to the radio more than watch TV and I find that radio adverts are often more inane than their TV counterparts. But of late I've noticed that more and more radio adverts are nothing more than the audio of the TV advert. How lazy can they get???

I sometimes think that the people who have to have everything just perfect are in some way related to the ones whose habits are so monotonously regular that you can set your watch to them. Also what drives me nuts are strangers on a bus or in a fast food place, quite often homeless people, who, for some reason, have singled you out to talk your ear off.

Comment

When I was driving my pet peeve was Cyclists who aren't aware of cars....now I'm cycling its motorists who don't look out for bikes....guess its all relative.

Comment

hmmmm adverts on TV?? I wonder if that is why I don't watch it now??
                      DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

i absolutelu agree with you on all these points.

a lot of programmes you get a break after like 5 minutes as you say.

why cant they have a break say like 1 for each half hour.

E4 is terrible for it.

Originally posted by battyrat View Post

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                          I tend to listen to the radio more than watch TV and I find that radio adverts are often more inane than their TV counterparts. But of late I've noticed that more and more radio adverts are nothing more than the audio of the TV advert. How lazy can they get???

I sometimes think that the people who have to have everything just perfect are in some way related to the ones whose habits are so monotonously regular that you can set your watch to them. Also what drives me nuts are strangers on a bus or in a fast food place, quite often homeless people, who, for some reason, have singled you out to talk your ear off.

This is why I think it's ok (unless it's filling up) for people to put bags on empty seats next to them on a bus! I know we discussed this earlier in the thread, but I am sick of some weirdo sitting next to me on a bus/train (usually a smelly old man) and boring me to death when I just want to be left in peace

I know some people are lonely, and I'm happy to pass the time of day and am never nasty or ignore them....but some of them don't let you get a word in edgeways, and even worse, they start grabbing your hand or arm as they speak

Comment

Am I the only person who finds walking anywhere very difficult these days because:

1. There is dog poo everywhere.
                            2. There is spit everywhere.
                            3. Cyclists use pavements instead of the road.
                            4. If you happen to walk past a school you find a crowd of mothers blocking your path as they stand around yapping!

I'm trying to be healthy by walking to work but I feel like giving up because of some/all of the above

Comment

Originally posted by Roz View Post
                              Am I the only person who finds walking anywhere very difficult these days because:

1. There is dog poo everywhere.
                              2. There is spit everywhere.
                              3. Cyclists use pavements instead of the road.
                              4. If you happen to walk past a school you find a crowd of mothers blocking your path as they stand around yapping!

I'm trying to be healthy by walking to work but I feel like giving up because of some/all of the above
                              5. Idiots who heckle you from passing cars, usually screaming at you to try to scare or startle you.

Comment

one i dont like is when your going past a big puddle cars seem to purposely drive into them to splash you.

Comment

Working...
                                X