Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1976

Originally posted by darren View Post
    1976 the year grange hill started i believe.
    Nope that was 1978
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      and who pray tell do you support.

1976 the year grange hill started i believe.
      I'll give you a couple of clues. Our rivals have a banner at their ground counting the number of years since we won a trophy. It currently stands at "34 years". My clubs name is often followed by "the worlds richest club" especially if they underperform.
      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

The Eurovision Song Contest came from Nederlands Congresgebouw, The Hague, The Netherlands on Saturday 3 April.
        • 18 countries took part.
        • Malta, Sweden and Turkey withdrew, whereas Austria and Greece returned. There were no newcomers.
        • The UK won with "Save Your Kisses For Me" sung by Brotherhood of Man, scoring 164 points. They performed first in the line-up, which meant that for the second year running the first entry in the line-up won.
        • In addition, "Save Your Kisses For Me" became a number one hit on the UK singles chart.
        • No-one got nul points; Norway finished last with 7 points: "Mata Hari" sung by Anne-Karine Ström.

The 1976 Winter Olympics (officially called XII Olympic Winter Games) were held in Innsbruck, Austria from from 4 February to 15 February 1976.
        • A total of 37 countries took part and there were 37 events.

The 1976 Summer Olympic Games, (officially called Games of the XXI Olympiad) were held in Montreal, Canada from 17 July to 1 August 1976.
        • A total of 92 countries took part and there were 198 events.

ABBA became highly successful with three UK number ones that year: "Mamma Mia", "Fernando" and "Dancing Queen". They also released an album "Greatest Hits".

James Callaghan became Prime Minister on 5 April.

The UK had its hottest summer on record. Lack of rain led to a drought which in turn resulted in widespread hosepipe bans, and even water rationing and standpipes in some areas.

Other UK number one singles included:
        • Tina Charles - "I Love To Love"
        • The Wurzels - "Combine Harvester"
        • The Real Thing - You To Me Are Everything"
        • Demis Roussos - The Roussos Phenomenon EP (main track: "Forever And Ever")
        • Elton John and Kiki Dee - "Don't Go Breaking My Heart"
        • Showaddywaddy - "Under The Moon Of Love"
        • Johnny Mathis - "When A Child Is Born" (Christmas number one)

Finally, I started primary school in September.
        I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

Working...
        X