Crisps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crisps

Just seen packs of Ringos in supermarket thought they were long gone, anyone know if they taste the same.

Comment

Yeah, pretty much.

Comment

Thanks might treat myself next time.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1981smiths.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	260323

Comment

Does anyone remember crisps which were released for The Dandy comic - Cow Pie flavour??? Must've been late-80's. I think the Beano probably had their own variation but I loved the Cow Pie crisps! Can't find a pic of them online!!!

Comment

Seabrooks crisps......been around since 1945 apparently but I only noticed them in Sainsburys last week because they were on offer (6 packs for a quid)...............they were absoluteley 'yumtastic!' .

Deffo on my shopping list from now on.

Comment

When I was young the local swimming pool always had Seabrooks crisps in the vending machines.

For years I didn't seem them anywhere else, then my Mum started buying them in multipacks for a few years.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

i can say ive never heard of these before.

what flavours did you see of them.

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
                  Seabrooks crisps......been around since 1945 apparently but I only noticed them in Sainsburys last week because they were on offer (6 packs for a quid)...............they were absoluteley 'yumtastic!' .

Deffo on my shopping list from now on.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                    i can say ive never heard of these before.

what flavours did you see of them.
                    Can't remember what other flavours darren, there were only 2 or 3 choices I think........I'll have a look later today.

Name:	IMG00087-20130329-0839.jpg
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	260363

Comment

Ok, had a look on their website and they do various flavours but unfortunately the flavour that most appeals to me (Canadian Ham) doesn't seem to be widely available where I live.

My local Sainsburys sells multipacks of Ready Salted, Cheese and Onion and a mixed multipack Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00088-20130329-1728.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	260364

Here's the website http://www.seabrookcrisps.com/index.php

Comment

Name:	skips.jpg
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	260374Click image for larger version

Name:	smiths.jpg
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	260375

Comment

cheers mate.
                          canadian ham sounds nice.

but id not expect it to be easy to find.

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
                          Ok, had a look on their website and they do various flavours but unfortunately the flavour that most appeals to me (Canadian Ham) doesn't seem to be widely available where I live.

My local Sainsburys sells multipacks of Ready Salted, Cheese and Onion and a mixed multipack [ATTACH=CONFIG]3720[/ATTACH]

Here's the website http://www.seabrookcrisps.com/index.php
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

You can buy them direct from Seabrook, last time I bought some you had to buy them in boxes of 48 but you could mix the flavours in the one box

Comment

yeah i feel the same

back when i was a kid in the 80s/90s i remember Spider-Man crisps and Superman crisps, that tasted great, as well as Turtles Pepperoni crisps, which were totally amazing.

another flavour i remember from the 80s were Tandoori, don't know who made them but they came in a white bag and had a picture of the Taj Mahal on them, they were ace too.

Comment

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
                                yeah i feel the same

back when i was a kid in the 80s/90s i remember Spider-Man crisps and Superman crisps, that tasted great, as well as Turtles Pepperoni crisps, which were totally amazing.

another flavour i remember from the 80s were Tandoori, don't know who made them but they came in a white bag and had a picture of the Taj Mahal on them, they were ace too.
                                I remember there were 2 types of Spiderman crisps, the first were in the shape of Spidey's head & had a very strong salt & Vinegar flavour.

The later ones were web shapes & came in various flavours, my favourite was BBQ Beef.

I remember Walkers made some very nice Poppadom based crisps in the late 1980s, very nice but didn't last long.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X