70's perfume/Aftershave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brut

I got a bottle for Xmas 1992 & had it for a few years after until my Mum chucked it away as it had gone a bit off. It was good to get the oil stains & smell of my hands after helping my friend with fixing his motorbike.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: 70's perfume/Aftershave

I got a bottle of Avon Blue Blazer for my 10th birthday cos i was always borrowing my Grandads. During my days of clubbing in the 80s it was the whole Insignia range. Really don't bother with after shave or these fancy multi blade razors these days. Still use soap and a brush.
      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I remember the Insignia ads set in the future with the man who's gran was the same age as him & had a number of buttons in her arm to do various bodily functions.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Vintage Aqua Manda

Comment

Aah I can smell that lovely orange fragrance right now!

Shame you can't get this anymore.
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Does anyone remember Coty L'aimant? Mum used to wear Panache! Ther was also an aftershave called Pino that came in a pine cone type bottle too. As a teenager I liked Rive Gauche. What did Shalimar smell like? I always imagined people who wore that to be very exoctic!!

Comment

I also remember, Le Jardin, Cachet, Jovan Musk, Avon's Moonwind and a Helena Rubinstein one that Mum had called Courant.

Comment

I loved Trio - in a triangular frosted glass bottle with a black top, Gingham - in a brown and white gingham printed spray can - (there was also pink gingham, same can but pink and white but it didn't smell anywhere near as nice) Tramp - in a straight glass bottle with a brown top and gold lettering and Charles of the Ritz - in a very snazzy silver spray can with 'Charles of the Ritz engraved all over it, when you took the silver lid off it was burgundy inside. I also liked wearing Blue Stratos aftershave in my demin/biker days. Goodness knows why. I saw some Blue Stratos in town a few months ago, had a smell of the sampler - still smelt as good as ever but I've not seen any of the female perfumes I've mentioned for many years.

Comment

I can't believe they still sell Blue Stratos. Did the smell bring back memories then?

Comment

Yep it certainly did! It was exactly the same in the blue glass bottle and everything. For a moment it felt like I was in a time warp - a good one too.

Originally posted by Seventies Child View Post
                      I can't believe they still sell Blue Stratos. Did the smell bring back memories then?

Comment

You should have bought it then every time you wanted a nostalgic moment you could have a whiff! Do you remember Patchouli oil too??

Comment

I've been told the shop still sells it so next time I'm in Boston I'm going to buy some :-) Yes i do remember Patchouli oil, it had a sweet smell didn't it. I was also a fan of Cinnabar by Estee Lauder but I never had the cash to buy that so used to drop heavy hints around christmas & birthday time. More often than not I'd get a small bottle :-) Don't think E L does it now.

Originally posted by Seventies Child View Post
                          You should have bought it then every time you wanted a nostalgic moment you could have a whiff! Do you remember Patchouli oil too??

Comment

Ugh!
                            I hate the smell of patchouli oil.
                            Reminds me of old hippies

Comment

For future reference as mentioned by a new member (just call me) Maxi by Max Factor.
                              Heather

Comment

My sister used to wear Tweed and Rebel. I used to love Yardley's Pure Silk, beautiful perfume.
                                My dad wore Old Spice..Remember the Hai Karate after shave ads? Yeah the ads were deadly, remember Prince Matchabelli with their corny Aviance one? Here it is here..
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd9gQkikr50

Comment

Working...
                                X