Mrs Pepperpot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs Pepperpot

Watching 'Tales of Television Centre' they showed a clip of Thora Hird on a show about Mrs Pepperpot, who shrinks to the size of a pepper pot at the most inconvenient times! I'd clean forgotten about these books but loved reading them as a child. Any others remember?
    1976 Vintage

Re: Mrs Pepperpot

I loved Jackanory and remember the Mrs Pepperpot stories on there. I really wish they'd bring Jackanory back. Children love being read to and told stories. So do adults for that matter.
    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I remember one teacher reading Mrs Pepperpot stories at school.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I had several Mrs Pepperpot books! I loved them. A couple of them also had stories about an ogre named Gapy Gob.

Comment

A bit of info.

the first book in the series was printed in 1956. The maincharacter, Mrs. Pepperpot, is a little old lady who lives in a cottagein the countryside together with her husband, Mr. Pepperpot. Mrs.Pepperpot has a secret - she occasionally shrinks to the size of apepperpot, but nevertheless always manages to cope with the trickysituations that she finds herself in, at least partially thanks to thefact that upon shrinking she also gains the ability to understand andtalk to all animals.

im sure i had some mrs pepperpot books but cant remember them.
          they where great stories.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember Mrs Pepperpot being read on Jackanory, it was read by Thora Heard, and I always imagined, that is what Mrs Pepperpot looked like, a tiny Thora

Comment

I love reading Mrs Pepperpot stories to children at the school where I work ...........the old favourites never fail to please

Comment

Working...
              X