Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painter of animals - one detail had to be left off otherwise it would come to life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painter of animals - one detail had to be left off otherwise it would come to life

Can anyone remember this kids book? I loved it as a kid. I read it probably between 1975-1980 but it might be older than that.

It might have been based in Japan or had something to do with Japan.

I can remember so little about it now other than how great it was so if anyone else can recall more that would be great!

Thanks all

Re: Painter of animals - one detail had to be left off otherwise it would come to lif

Originally posted by blobbins View Post
    Can anyone remember this kids book? I loved it as a kid. I read it probably between 1975-1980 but it might be older than that.

It might have been based in Japan or had something to do with Japan.

I can remember so little about it now other than how great it was so if anyone else can recall more that would be great!

Thanks all
    The Magic Paintbrush - one of my fave Ladybird books - here it is

http://kierenmccarthy.com/2006/04/18...ic-paintbrush/

Comment

Re: Painter of animals - one detail had to be left off otherwise it would come to lif

Originally posted by ericthecavalier View Post
      The Magic Paintbrush - one of my fave Ladybird books - here it is

http://kierenmccarthy.com/2006/04/18...ic-paintbrush/
      I remember it being made into a cartoon, the King had the boy put in jail for refusing to paint him a money tree, but didn't think to take away the paintbrush, so the boy just painted a key to escape!
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Wow, thanks so much for this and for the link Ericthecavalier. It was great to read it again. Much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
          I remember it being made into a cartoon, the King had the boy put in jail for refusing to paint him a money tree, but didn't think to take away the paintbrush, so the boy just painted a key to escape!
          oooh I will have to look for that too. Ta mate

Comment

Working...
          X