Book of Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book of Life

Does anyone remember a series of magazines published by Marshall-Cavendish from1969-70? They were, simply, about life.
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

I assume that it was not connected to the MB Games "middle class family" board game, the Game of Life?

Sounds like a biology, botany or zoology themed magazine. No I don't remember it.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Another of those 'collect them all and put them in a custom binder' titles! It seems there were 105 editions of this series, it was titled Story Of Life for some markets, same photos and content.
      My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
        Another of those 'collect them all and put them in a custom binder' titles! It seems there were 105 editions of this series, it was titled Story Of Life for some markets, same photos and content.
        Free binder with part one, cf Orbis or Marshall Cavendish.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I did reviews of some editions of these magazines on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/fsMOuxqMtaQ
          Last edited by philipdalton; 01-02-2021, 13:03.
          "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Is this the Book of Life ... the key part of A Discovery of Witches ??

Comment

It's not the key part of a Discovery of Witches... It's basically an encyclopedia contained within a set of magazines.

Comment

What can you say about Cosmopolitan? I have a few issues left from my mother's youth. Of course, 35 years ago Cosmo was completely different, the style of those times, a completely different presentation of materials. It is very cool!

Comment

Working...
                X