Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children's Picture Book from 1970's - Packs of Yaks in Slacks

Hi Everyone,

Just joined this brilliant forum...going to spend a lot of time on here reminiscing!!

I've been trying to track down some of the books I had when I was a child. One in particular that I've never been able to trace because I don't remember the title of it. Only the above line, 'Packs of Yaks in Slacks' on one of the pages...and it was developing the theme. So it started with Packs of Yaks. Then Packs of Yaks in Slacks, etc. I think it was a counting/reading book and it had lots of pictures typical of kids books of the time...I remember liking it because it was a bit zany. I remember Yaks were quite prominent in it, but not exclusive. There would have been other creatures/animals I'm sure. That's all I know.

I was born in 1973...so I'm guessing this book was published mid to late 70's...but only based on the time I would have had it, which would have been towards the end of the decade.

I'd be hugely grateful to anyone who knows what this book was...

Thanks,
    J.
    Last edited by Jezzaaa; 11-12-2022, 10:02.

I found mention of one Author that could be a lead, Richard Hefter, a lady mentions him and the Yaks in slacks on pinterest here https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/543528248782217133/
    saying they are "Groovy Dudes from Noses and Toes"
    He also wrote a story called Yakety Yak Yak Yak
    Anyho hopefully the illustration below is enough for you to either dismiss or confirm my findings

Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
      I found mention of one Author that could be a lead, Richard Hefter, a lady mentions him and the Yaks in slacks on pinterest here https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/543528248782217133/
      saying they are "Groovy Dudes from Noses and Toes"
      He also wrote a story called Yakety Yak Yak Yak
      Anyho hopefully the illustration below is enough for you to either dismiss or confirm my findings

OMG! Heather, you're a superstar! I had no memory of that cover...but it rings something in my mind...I'm going to order one that's on Amazon in the US and see what it turns out to be Thank you so much...I had no luck searching on 'Yaks in slacks' on google...feel a bit daft now that you managed to find it so quickly!! THANK YOU XXX

Comment

You are more than welcome hope its the right book now you are buying it!
        Just found another Yak picture from noses and toes, Here are the yaks in sacks lol

few other pages and book cover

s
        Heather

Comment

That's the one Fantastic...you're a star

Comment

Doing a little happy dance haha
            Heather

Comment

Working...
            X