"Commando" format spin-offs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Commando" format spin-offs

I had a few Commando titles, maybe even a Starblazer or two.
    But the ones I can't find anything on were a couple of secret agent ones that had three or four stories each, it was either Secret Agent or Top Secret - the hero was a former test pilot that had been set up to take a fall for the destruction of a supersonic airliner.

Comment

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
      I had a few Commando titles, maybe even a Starblazer or two.
      But the ones I can't find anything on were a couple of secret agent ones that had three or four stories each, it was either Secret Agent or Top Secret - the hero was a former test pilot that had been set up to take a fall for the destruction of a supersonic airliner.
      hmmm..any use? Does 'John Havoc' ring any bells?
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

"Top Secret Library ran from July 1974 - February 1976 with 2 issues per month and a total of 40 issues."

Does that time-scale fit?

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Thank you so much! I didn't have issues of Top Secret bar the two specials. But it was John Havoc - a doublecheck on Google brought up a blog that had Hunt the Devil pages; the story of a lethal virus hidden in glass ornaments of a devil.
          Thanks again.

John Havoc for Prime Minister!

Comment

great stuff!

If you're interested, this site has quite a few up for sale:

(scroll down a fair way)

Online_Catalogue_Picture_Libraries_20.html
            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Again, thank you.

The first issue I checked out was 50th Kill, with the cover featuring a plane and a man firing into the air - instantly put one of the stories that I had read into my mind, where Havoc runs into an old friend and ends up in all kinds of trouble. And they have Hunt the Devil. Will have to relieve them of that at the very least!

I notice they have Marvel Digests as well - anyone else remember these?

Comment

Searching again for Havoc, Comic Book Postal Auctions Home Page have an auction coming up that includes all forty issues in three binders, estimate is £60-80 but it is an auction.

Tempted to see what's what, but figured I would post in case there are any other interested parties here. It would be a shame to let a scalper get it to lock away in a bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
                  Searching again for Havoc, Comic Book Postal Auctions Home Page have an auction coming up that includes all forty issues in three binders, estimate is ?60-80 but it is an auction.

Tempted to see what's what, but figured I would post in case there are any other interested parties here. It would be a shame to let a scalper get it to lock away in a bag.
                  UPDATE:
                  Must have somehow got onto an archived catalog page - the item fetched £174 at auction. Ouch.

Still, it shows demand I guess, so hopefully there'll be a collection published at some point.

Comment

A couple of series I remember from the mid-70s are Pocket Chiller Library and Pocket Thriller Library. PCL was devoted to mainly horror and lasted for quite a few issues, I believe. There may also have been a western-themed one.

Comment

Working...
                    X