Grolsch Bottle Tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grolsch Bottle Tops

Why on earth did we put these on our shoes/trainers? Was it Bros that started it off? Come on, own up if you looked stupid too!!

Re: Grolsch Bottle Tops

Argh!! Bros! Gotta be (along with Frankie) The worst of the 80's (fashion wise).
    They still look camp as Christmas! These two used to scare me

Comment

Originally posted by annie1 View Post
      Why on earth did we put these on our shoes/trainers? Was it Bros that started it off? Come on, own up if you looked stupid too!!
      Guilty ! Looked totally stupid ! What was the deal with those things?? Should have just drunk the beer

Comment

Well if you drank enough beer you'd be ok wearin the bottletops on your trainers...........

Comment

It was definitely a Bros thing. You had to wear Jeans with holes everywhere, black shoes with grolsch bottle tops on them and have bleach blonde hair Why did I find them attractive?

Comment

Not guilty lol no one has any piccie evidence honest, but *whispers"yes I did wear em on my shoes along with ripped jeans with turn ups to show off really naff socks and polo neck jumpers, thankyou Iron Maiden for showing me my errors of my ways.

Comment

I used to work in a Barratts shoe shop as a saturday job Waaaaaaaay back when.

When the whole Bros thing happened, the shop got a stock of shoes that had fake plastic grolsch bottle caps on them. They went the fastest I've ever seen shoes go in my life. A whole stock of them went in a single day.

The thing was, they were ****. The bottle top was plastic, not ceramic, the shoe barely held together and they looked ridiculous (in my opinion, then and indeed now). So, no in answer to your question, I have never worn those bleedin' bottle stops on my shoes, but I was responsible for a fair few people in Middlesbrough perpetrating that particular fashion crime.

Comment

no not me, but my slightly older sister did.
                Heather

Comment

guilty!! thought i was the hight of fashion haha!

Comment

Me and some of my friends did. Although I wouldn't wear them now I still think they looked pretty good, not sure why a lot of people think they look stupid.
                    My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

Originally posted by annie1 View Post
                      GUILTY!

I had mine on my ice skates. How cool was I? Not very, evidently.
                      "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                      sigpic

Comment

Haaaar...I did this. Mind I was only about 11 at the height of Bros. Didn't even like them really but got swept along in the hype. I had the real deal bottle tops on a pair of clumpy black shoes that were a bit like DMs. Wore them with a Bros T shirt and jeans plastered with Bros patches *cringe*. Still can't see what anybody saw in Bros.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                        X