Hair styles you've had???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hair styles you've had???

I had a perm done in 1989 by a family friend, who was a professional hairdresser. It turned out like I had a poodle on my head, really tight curls - truly awful imo. Worst thing was it was a school night I had it done, so had to go into school next day with it. I tried my best to loosen it off a bit, but nothing would loosen it - don't remember getting any bad comments about it, so could have only been bad in my eyes maybe.

Once the perm had loosened off, I took to wearing a red scarf by Pink Soda (know this as I've still got said scarf ), folded up, around my head like a hairband - it had those smiley yellow faces on it and I thought I looked great in it at the time!

Comment

Not many different ones for me really1 Though ive recently had Swirls done in my hair afew times like Jay off eastEnders first had his ... then a Nike tick too!

Comment

for me its either very short or very very long.

thing is when its real long it curls up.
        have not got my hair cut in bear 3 yrs
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

What, like cropped short?

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
            What, like cropped short?
            Sorry i mean all over using a shaver or whatever its called on a number 2 setting.
            its been so long since i got my hair cut i cant remember its correct name.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Sorry i mean all over using a shaver or whatever its called on a number 2 setting.
              its been so long since i got my hair cut i cant remember its correct name.
              Sorrry was unsure what you meant Darren, thanks. I have always fancied having my hair cropped like Boga Benson in Grange Hill had his ... I quite like that style I think!

Comment

I had a Limahl haircut in the 80s, cost me a fortune at the time in the hairdressers. My mates took the **** for weeks but the girls loved it and I've never been that successful in the romance department since LOL.

Comment

I had the feather cut then ultra short then when it grew again, I just let it and it's been long ever since. Apart from trimming of the ends, I haven't had a haircut since 1988!
                  The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Originally posted by Agnetha352 View Post
                    I had the feather cut then ultra short then when it grew again, I just let it and it's been long ever since. Apart from trimming of the ends, I haven't had a haircut since 1988!
                    Awsome! How long is your hair?

Comment

I had the 'page boy' in the early 70's followed by a series of inflicted perms . o O ( jeez ) and the lady di cut when the engagement was announced.......why is it we always looked worse then than we do today? lol

Comment

Hmm I am thinking of having my hair done really really short Darren - like say a Grade 1. Just like very fine layers etc on top (and/or gelled in to the hair)!

Comment

I had long hair until I was about 14. Then my friend and I decided to cut it short and left a thin pony tail (think this was known as a rats tail). I dyed the tail blonde and thought it was cool (must of been deluded). Then I had the short flicked hair which took hairspray to hold and felt like a helmet. :cry:Next was a wedge (think it was called) on back of head and then the perm (when the hair grew long) and thought (at the time) that it resembled Suzanna Hoff's from The Bangles (cringe now) which they boys seemed to like, then blonde streaks were added, after that I kept my straight hair and never had a perm since.

Comment

I've got very thick and bushy hair that looks like a helmet when it grows. Since leaving school I've had a Mohawk, skinhead, grade 2 back-and sides with a grade 3 on top, a grade 2 all over with just a bit of gelled fringe at the front, a bleached blonde Mohawk with zero-crop sides(my fuddy-duddy parents nearly had a coronary at that one!) and I'm currently on a grade 1 all over and I have a big thick goatee and I really like the look. My hair when it grows out, makes me look like a cross between Mr Bean and George Michael in his Wham days!!!

Comment

i use to have a 80s highlighted hair lol but now just plain with a little wet look gel which i still use from the 80s tha will never change for me
                              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Curly perms,bobs with a fringe.I remember in the early seventies when I had long hair I cant remember what the style was called.But it was cut short on the top half and long on the bottom it was popular at that time but didnt last long I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X