cosmetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cosmetics

Yes thats the stuff! I almost put in my original post I remember her spitting on it too but it sounded so gross! But yep she had the black one posted by Kaz
    Heather

Comment

Ah there you go! Like you say, Heather it is absolutely gross to think about
      sigpic
      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

LOL I was a little bit ashamed to say it, but I'll forgive her if all the Mummy's in the 70's were at it lol
        Heather

Comment

Originally posted by vonnie1uk View Post
          Heather Shimmer by Rimmell - i wore this lipstick all the time! Also Barry M cosmetics and things from the Body Shop were popular too, like their Blue Ice Shampoo and Fuzzy Peach perfume!
          heather shimmer was in my makeup bag too along with another which was so dark it made me look anaemic.........oh to be in fashion

Comment

Lip gloss!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	260400
            Saw these on another site and what memories! These are from the 70's but I had some in the 80's. The bottles were identical but the name was different and they came in orange and lemon flavours with the liquid itself being clear orange or yellow depending on the flavour. Anybody remember my version?

They were so gloopy and disgusting but we loved them. I remember it running off my lips and the bottle getting cloudy (no doubt full of bacterial colonies) after a while but we still slapped it on regardless.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
              I remember watching women put their mascara on when I was a kid in the 60's. It came in a flat compact, rectangular solid block of mascara and a brush a bit like a flat toothbrush. Yes they'd spit on it.

Paul O'Grady spoke of his aunt doing this in one of his books. Didn't realise it was common practice in the olden days of mascara.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Re: Lip gloss!!!!!

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]3764[/ATTACH]
                Saw these on another site and what memories! These are from the 70's but I had some in the 80's. The bottles were identical but the name was different and they came in orange and lemon flavours with the liquid itself being clear orange or yellow depending on the flavour. Anybody remember my version?

They were so gloopy and disgusting but we loved them. I remember it running off my lips and the bottle getting cloudy (no doubt full of bacterial colonies) after a while but we still slapped it on regardless.
                I had the lemon one, it was one of the first items of make up I owned, bought in Woolies I think. Funnily enough I was telling my daughter about these the other day and telling her how cutting edge and sophisticated I thought they were at the time

Comment

Working...
                X