90's clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 90's clothes

I'm afraid i was a danger to society (according to the tabloid press, police and the government) as i was into the the rave scene from about 1991 onwards,
    mostly it was a pair of suede converse trainers with red laces, cargo /combat pants in winter camo pattern, a plain T shirt and a red hoody full zip top and nicely set off with a boonie hat unless i was dj'ing then i wouldnt wear one.
    I never owned a smilie t shirt, everyone wore those at the hacienda it was like fashion uniform so i didnt bother with one.

Outside of that friday to monday weekend scene i was working like a nutter in the construction industry so most of the time i'd be wearing my steel toed doc martins, jeans, t shirt and those big padded builders shirts in lovely different tartan patterns which i will happily admit to wearing to this day.

Bl**dy hated those shell suit things, what an eyesore they were, never owned any kickers or pods or indulged in that brief period of brown leather jackets that seemed to appear at the end of the 80's and start of the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
      Pods were big too. Amongst the girls there was a certain pod boot that most of us had. It had a stitched front like a moccassin and bits of rope threaded through the sides and of course one red and one green sole. They cost a fortune but I loved mine!
      Whoops I got it wrong, these were Kickers not pods!

I think the bermuda shorts just about scraped into the 90s though I'd say they peaked in '88 and '89. I had a pair *shame*

I also had a shell suit. Navy blue, turquoise, white and shocking pink it was. Can't believe I actually chose to wear it for a weekend in London in 1990. I remember walking around Westminster Abbey in it looking a right sight, but I thought I was cool.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

I also had a shell suit. Navy blue, turquoise, white and shocking pink it was. Can't believe I actually chose to wear it for a weekend in London in 1990. I remember walking around Westminster Abbey in it looking a right sight, but I thought I was cool.
        Zwitt Zwitt Zwitt Zwitt. Bringing back any memories?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyfinster View Post
          Zwitt Zwitt Zwitt Zwitt. Bringing back any memories?
          Err...no ???
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Err...no ???
            the noise that shell suits make when you make any kind of movement, zwitt is closest i could get with an onomatopoeia,

Comment

lol and what a big word for a Friday night!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember there was a scare about shellsuits catching fire, as once featured in Casulty.

Wearing tweed jackets seemed to be populat with teenage girls at the turn of the 1990s.

I once mentioned this years later to someone who admitted that she had one at the time.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                  Don’t you mean Naff Co 54
                  I remember those jackets; black nylon outer and white cotton lining. During 1993 I saw quite a fair few people wearing those, but I didn't have one at the time. However during the last 5 years, I managed to obtain one second hand at a charity shop in Bristol.

Exactly what were those black jackets meant to be called? Hockey jackets? Were they waterproof, or just showerproof?
                  I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

I remember everyone at school wearing lots of coloured bracelets that had two knots in them which you used to tighten. They were bright colours, like neon colours and if you had them from your wrist to your elbow then you were really cool! We were made to take them off for PE and removing them all usually took up the whole lesson, ahhhh that's why we wore them?! I also remember getting pens and writing your own things on a white T-shirt for PE. I begged my mum for ages to buy me a pair of red suede Fila boots. Mid-nineties i had an orange pair of Travel Fox trainers. McKenzie sweatshirts were all the rage, as were "Bronx" jackets. Rolling your jeans up and wearing neon socks and trainers with neon laces was popular too. Hair scrunchies and perms were another unfortunate occurence back then too.

Comment

I remember my sister having lots of friendship bracelets in the early 1990s.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by vonnie1uk View Post
                        I remember everyone at school wearing lots of coloured bracelets that had two knots in them which you used to tighten. They were bright colours, like neon colours and if you had them from your wrist to your elbow then you were really cool! We were made to take them off for PE and removing them all usually took up the whole lesson, ahhhh that's why we wore them?! I also remember getting pens and writing your own things on a white T-shirt for PE. I begged my mum for ages to buy me a pair of red suede Fila boots. Mid-nineties i had an orange pair of Travel Fox trainers. McKenzie sweatshirts were all the rage, as were "Bronx" jackets. Rolling your jeans up and wearing neon socks and trainers with neon laces was popular too. Hair scrunchies and perms were another unfortunate occurence back then too.
                        I remember those neon friendship bracelets. I had quite a few and I did wear them all at once. I also had numerous scrunchies although sadly/fortunately I wasn't allowed to have a perm. I also had a pair of neon pink socks. Makes me cringe thinking back now!
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                          I remember my sister having lots of friendship bracelets in the early 1990s.
                          check these friendship bracelets out.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNJWkcpkGT8
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                            I remember there was a scare about shellsuits catching fire, as once featured in Casulty.
                            Shellsuits = Honestly..what were they thinking when they made these!
                            Last edited by remember; 03-10-2014, 12:02.

Comment

I remember the NAFF NAFF brand! There was a shop in Leicester City centre, in 1991ish? and I bought 3 boiler suits from there (And I still have one to this day!) One yellow, one orange, and a black one.

They were French and quite expensive too. I think the logo was a circle with the words round the outside NAFF NAFF and there was a linear diagram of a big truck in the centre of it. They were nice quality, but the shop only lasted 2 years. Anyone else remember it?

Comment

Can anyone remember The Sweater Shop? not that I would have been seen dead in anything from there. Our form teacher had a collection of jumpers from there.
                                1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                                X