Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sainsburys Bacon & Cheese Burgers.

Anyone else remember these?

Around 1990 or so I guess, maybe a bit (but not much) earlier. These were sold in packs of 2 or 4. They were not frozen. Basically minced up bacon and grated cheese made into a 1/4 lb burger. They were absolutely delicious and probably very bad for you. My folks used to bring a couple in every weekly big shop they did. Then all of a sudden Sainsburys just stopped selling them.

I've never found anything that even comes close to them, and I've never met anyone outside my family who remembers them.

Cheers,
    Finnthedude.

Re: Sainsburys Bacon & Cheese Burgers.

I remember those! Was looking for a recipe like them, came across your post. red leicester cheese colour if I remember.

Comment

I remember these from the early 80’s. When my late father and I became a single parent/child family these were a once a week favourite. Unbelievable amount of fat would come out while cooking, but were absolutely delicious. We also used to get a sliced meat thing called breakfast sausage, which was great for packed lunches.

Comment

As they were a supermarket's "own name" brand, it made me wonder whether other supermarkets did similar products. Perhaps Dalepak did something similar?

That sounds like a McDonald's burger in the making...
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I never get frozen cheeseburgers from the supermarket - the are rock hard even after a few minutes in the microwave. The Tesco Value ones were like that. Rustlers can be an exemption as long as they are cooked well but even they can be hard .

McDonald's all the way for cheeseburgers!
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
          X